Had my op a few days ago

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just had the operation for my PS on wednesday the 24th. They used the Karydakis procedure on me so my stitches are slighty of the mid-line. I've only got 7 stitches in and a lot of weeping. I have a very loving girlfriend who changes the dressing a couple of times a day. I'm just worried that it is weeping a little to much...also the stitches dont seem to tight. There is a fairly wide gap relatively and both sides of skin dont seem to be touching. Can anyone share the experiences if they have had this procedure done. Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hmmm, I haven't had the Karydakis procedure, I had the cleft lift done, but the fact your stitches are off the midline is really good news. Is it weeping blood/pus? When do you next see your surgeon? It's def worth seeing your GP or nurse if you are concerned, they'll be able to tell you if there's something not right, or just put your mind at ease. Hope you heal well smile
  • Posted

Well the doctor removed 4 of the stitches as there were the first signs of infection. He said by removing the stitches it will drain properly. Now i have a huge opening which they said will take 8 weeks to heal. They said the wound is about 4cm deep. I had a look at a photo of it and was in shock for a good few minutes.

Its packed with a sea weed based substance and will need a new dressing daily.

Lovely!!

• Posted

Oh dear, sorry to hear that! At least they're keeping an eye on it! The seaweed dressings are meant to be very good though! smile
  • Posted

hey

i had the exact same procedure and the wound was left looking the same as you described, loosely stitched. I went to the A&E and they took the stitches that they could out. They packed it and told me to come back to get it packed every night at the hospital. I made sure i ate a good diet and had sea salt baths and in the end they were surprised how quickly it healed, so i would recommend that. You'll be left with a surface scar as it fills from the inside out.

I am having problems again 1 year on so am going to see the doctor and am looking into laser hair removal as i really want to stamp this out. I can't walk or exercise at the moment! sad

• Posted

My lad had an op where he needed the sorbsan wound packing last march, we eventually saw the surgeon today as it hasn't healed since - see my post \"who do you beleive\" for all the details if you like. best wishes, hope it heals up soon.
  • Posted

in reply to your karydakis procedure Sean08

well the doctor took my stitches out (11) and a couple of days after i awoke at 2 am to find weeping and traces of blood, i am going to refer to my doctor today about it.

pretty freaked because i do not want to have anoither operation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.