had my Quetiapine doubled to 200mg and feel worse

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,I've been on 100mg Quetiapine,60mg fluoxetine and 10mg tamazapam for the last 3 years. In the last 2 weeks I've had my Quetiapine doubled to 200 mg which I take at once about 9pm every evening along with my sleeper and i take my fluoxetine in the morning. My lows are a lot lower, I'm currently off work and have been since Xmas. Since upping my meds some days i struggle to get dressed, today being one them! The other night I dream of my own suicide. Has anyone else been through this while having theQuetiapine increased ? I've never felt so low !

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was in the same position with these and am weaning myself off them as made me feel worse. Terrible the next day, horrendous weight gain. Nightmares just awful. Now down to 25 mg. I would go back to your doctor and did cuss with them.. Sorry to hear you are not good, it really is an awful condition we have. Take care x
    • Posted

Thank you, I'm going to doctors in the morning and have got my psychiatrist appointment next week x
  • Posted

Hi Paul I was put on Quetapine for my severe depression and I felt worse too which I didn't think possible I was started on 50 for my anxiety and not sleeping went up to 100 but still felt awful I was increased over four weeks from 100 to 300mg and I couldn't function I was a zombie and felt more Depressed. I am now reducing every 3 days to come off and having awful nightmares wen I am sleeping. I do feel better currently down to 150mg and feel more awake im hoping that becoz I felt so awful even just coming off these will lift my depression. Considering I havnt left the house for two months only to c consultant, and a good day I would hAv a bath on fri I cleaned my windows and I couldn't quite believe it. they do work for some ppl but they defo made me worse head was foggy I was confused all the time. My doctor wanted to try them as app they work v well with my anti depressant venflaxatine but not for me. PLS get to UR doctor and tell him ASAP. My doc said there R others we can try but they hAv really put me off. I'm hoping to get him to change my antidepressant of instead. I really feel for U I was so excited wen he suggested them as been on same meds for over 20 years and my previous doc wouldn't even consider changing or trying anything new. But it is diff for every one and as terrible as my depression is the Quetapine just made it so much worse. Good luck PLS let me no how I goes I hope U find something
    • Posted

Thank you for getting back to me! I've had the quetiapine increased over the last 2 weeks and have felt worse. Going to docs in the morning and I have my psychiatrist app next week x
  • Posted

Hi,

I know the sluggish zombie feeling you are referring to. I was on 200mg in the morning and night time and although they worked for me, I felt permanently spaced out or hungover. I complained to my Doctor and they moved me on to 500mg Slow Release, only taken in the evening. These work and are much better all round.

• Posted

hi paul i have just had my quetiapine increased and i am also feeling worse , low moods and anxiety increased sweating shakes , im on 100mg a day doctor wants me to get up to 300mg a day but making me feel worse i have my doubts , surely you should feel better thats the whole point in taking them isnt it ! i also take venlaxafine but i think that has stoped working for me so docktor wants to get me up to 300mg before they start to withdraw me from the venlaxafine
    • Posted

Hi I had my Quetapine up to 300 was like a zombie have been on venflaxatine for 16 years am now reducing v slowly off Venflaxatine so can try a new antidepressant, am totally off the Quetapine now.
  • Posted

Hi,  I am on Quetiapine 200mg, gradually increased from 50mg and Reboxitine 12mg and when I had the Quetiapine added with the Reboxitine I felt much better, I would never take the Quetiapine in the morning as it has such a high sedative effect and I think that might be the reason you feel so bad especially if you are also taking a sleeper, I think your doctor should have increased you from 100mg to 150mg first to see how you where.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.