Had my weigh in friday

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone had my weigh in friday lost another 3lbs...... At 1st i was a bit dissapointed but the nurse was pleased as she said it does get harder to lose after initial 1st loss so its better then nothing at all and i did get another prescription yeahhh in total over 3 months ive lost 21lbs so keep going everyone if i can do it you can lol its not been easy some days i felt like just giving in and fed of watching what i eat all the time excercising a bit every day but i feel better and more confident in my self my clothes look better so im NOT giving in im going to try harder and i want at least 5lb off by next weigh in ha ha thats going to be my goal lets see if i get there!!! Good luck everyone stick to it stay positive xxxxx

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done to you, almost 2 weeks for me and was becoming very disheartened until I got into scales yesterday and looks like could have lost 5lbs so feeling quite determined. Well done 
    • Posted

Oh thank you..... Well dont you too 👍 you have done brilliant thats a very good loss you must be so pleased xx it gets disheartening and hard some days dosnt it but then when you see a loss any loss at all is great news and keeps you going x keep updating with your progress its great to hear your doing so well keep it up xxxx
  • Posted

Hi honey, well done indeedy. I knew you would lose weight even if you didn't. I have more faith in you that you have in yourself! That is excellent - 21lbs in total. See, my stupid husband is right - as long as the overall trend is down then you are heading in the right direction. Maybe he's not so useless after all!

So keep going, have a really good month and see where you are next weigh in. Blimey, you'll be nearly at a 2 stone weight loss I bet.

Speak soon honey and well done again. xx

• Posted

Heyty honey how are you? Awww thank you so much ha ha i hate letting the other half know they could be right its always i told you so!!! Arrrgh!! Yes im determined to get to the 2stone mark by my next weigh in but we both know how hard it gets some days!! Are you back into the swing of it after your holiday? Knowing you you will be out on your bike peddling away lol xx keep going hunny and keep me updated with your progress good luck keep going take care xxxx
    • Posted

Hi babes, yes I am back on the bike (doh!). Have been out 3 times this week alone, and doing a big 30 mile ride tomorrow which I am looking forward to as my head was definitely not in the right place after my holiday. I tell you, I have discovered this past year that exercise is key to keeping my head on right, I was fine on holiday but the minute we got back I went into a black cloud of misery because I had gained weight on holiday and didn't exercise. Am back on track now and feeling good. Probably helps that the sun has been out this week to - bloody flies though! Erk!

Also, I bought a beautiful summer dress this week - size 18 - and it fits beautifully. It was from Dickens and Jones and is a very structured dress with no give in it - pure cotton. 50's style with big puffy skirt but a very fitted top part to the waist and it has no stretch or lycra in it like some of these lovely wrap dresses. I tried the 20 on and it was massive - hurray - so went to try the 18 on thinking it wouldn't fit and it was a dream. I've already dropped to an 18 in stretchy stuff - bought a couple of tops and skirt just before my hols and had to get 18 as 20 masseeeeevvvvvveeee (one top I actually had to get in a 16 but hey, not showing off here). But you expect that with stretchy clothes. The test is buying something structured like 100% cotton or jeans etc. Anyway, it fit and it looks fantastic even if I do say so myself and I cannot wait to wear it. It is ivory with green and yellow flowers all over with a little thin satin band in yellow around the middle - I look like a glamorous housewife from 1953! LLlooooooveeeee it.

I love summer primarily becuase I love summer clothes - all those lovely dresses and and floaty skirts etc. and sandals - love flat strappy sandals. My big plan is by the time we go into Autumn and I have to get out all the old drudge again, it will all be too big and I have to go and buy lots of new winter clothes.

How has your week been so far? Are you being the good Corinne or the naughty Corinne?

Bye for now honey, xx

• Posted

Heyyy sexy housewife wow you sound great!!! Well done for getting back on track!! Your doing great keep it up!! 30miles!! Tomorrow omg you will need to sit on a memory foam cushion ha ha keep you from chaffing!! Thats amazing your doing so well!! Your dress sounds gorgeous oooh you will look stunning your hubby will be thinking he's on a promise with his wife looking so good!! Well me lets see...... Im not doing good on the tablets at the minute i keep my fat content down im quite strict with it but i cannot keep off the loo.... I know gross!! But its the oil its constant and im not eating hardly any fat my fitness pal daily says my fat is always under so wheres it going wrong?? Im baffled its awful and soooo embarrassing!! ( think i spelt that right) i read other peoples comments about the oil etc and about sticking to low fat yet now after all this time im having problems i havnt cheated.... But after this awful time lol i might as well have a bloody cream cake!!! I walked 5 miles today ive lost a lb since my weigh in only been a week so not bad x good luck tomorrow hunny take care of the under carriage ha ha oooh your going to look sooooo good in your dress have fun enjoy your weekend sweet cheeks smile take care xxxxxx
    • Posted

Hi babes, I'm with you allllll the way, I just cannot settle back into the diet since my 5 days in Portugal. Every morning I get up and say right, day 1, onwards and upwards and by lunchtime I've cracked. Despite my encouraging words I am really not into it - I just want cake! That gaining half a stone has really knocked me and I seem to have really lost my mojo, sigh!

And so, like you I am having some side effects and I know it's because I am just eating too much fat overall. I wonder what is occurring with you. If you are following MyFitnessPal and sticking to low fat I'm guessing your body is morphing again and now has a lower tolerance fat than prior to the tablets. I have no idea. But I do sympathise as it must be horrible. I am certainly noticing orangy toilet moments and they are certainly looser because I absolutely know I am over doing it with the fat - not horrendously so, but def over what I should be. I know this will be brutal but why not try 2 days of zero fat and see if it "dries up". If not, I would suggest you get straight down to the docs for their advice as that is weird to say nothing of embarrassing (and yes, you spelled it correctly - I think!!!!!!!!! ha ha).

So we did our bike ride on Saturday and in the end did over 35 miles (36.5 - but hey, who's counting) and I was soooo tired afterwards. We got rained on and soaked and absolutely filthy but I was really pleased in the end although I must confess the last 4 miles were a killer as I was utterly exhausted and just wanted to throw my bike down, sit on the curb and cry). It took hours 4 hours so we averaged 9 miles per hour which is slower than usual as we usual average about 12 miles per hour (I"m slow and steady I like to think). But there were sections where we were along the river Thames on tow paths etc and you can't go fast or mad because it's very bumpy, busy with people and big pot holes, and one of these stretches was 6 miles so you have to slow right down on these sections, and then other sections where we just bombed along. But the average was 9 miles per hour overall and according to MyFitnessPal I burned off 2536 calories. That would have been great but got home and ate for England - chips, steak and coleslaw (full fat of course), cake, ice cream, chocolate biscuits - and didn't give a sh!te. Was so knackered Sunday I don't think I got up until about 2, ate again for England, and now have been using the toilet rather frequently for the last 2 days!

Soooo, day 1 AGAIN. Have been good so far with just 1 slice wholemeal toast with low sugar marmelade on and 1 muller light yogurt. Am just about to make myself some soup and a wholemeal pitta with salad in for lunch - oh joy on a plate!

So let me know how your leaky bottom pans out but in the mean time well done for another 1lb. You carry on girl. And hopefully I can report being good in a few days!!!!!!!!

Speak soon xx.

• Posted

Hi hunny WTF... Is wrong with me lol i keep getting bad tummy cramps as soon as i take the tablets i need the loo constantly yet im sooo careful what i eat i didnt take any tabkets for 2 days i felt great?? Im still losing slowly but im still like bollocks..... Im trying so hard to be good too but you think well im still bad with low fat i might as well eat something and feel the suffering is worthwgike lol

Actually ive just had pea and ham soup with steamed veg in and a double portion of sun dried new potatoes as well i was supposed to only have a 100grms of potatoe think ive just had 300!!! Ooh for gods sake someone just make me skinny im sick of trying ha ha ..... Well you deserved bloody steak chips coleslaw ice cream etc etc after that bike ride!!!! I would have had double that ha ha omg you done brilliant i could never ride a bike that far!!! The corner shop is far enough for me mind i like my long walks but even then im struggling with daily excerciseits soooo hard i want to be slimmer and it just does not come easy 1 slip up and it takes forever to get back on track come on lets start tomorrow properly!! We will be try and stick to it by the book and confere at the weekend how were doing? At least if we both start we can encourage each other 🍕🍟🍦🍫🍰🍪🍧🍭 ha ha there what were NOT to have we can do it......

You know ive noticed the more im losing slowly im getting more wrinkly lol my face and my arms ive noticed the skin changing i might not be happier weighty and chunky but i sure as hell looked younger!! Ha ha any more wrinkles thats it im going on weight gain not weight loss programme! Hows your lovely new dress looking???? Just think how gorgeous you will look and feel out in it..... That should keep you going take care hunny bunny look after that under carriage keep smiling and soldier on YOU CAN DO IT!!!! xxxxx

• Posted

Ha ha you crack me up you nutter. Your mind is so much like mine and after emailing earlier I went downstairs and had 3 muller light yogurts and thought WTF am I doing eating low fat when all I want is sugar - so I ate a huge tub of icecream. God help the loo tomorrow!

So yes, let us both promise each other - tomorrow = Day 1. No excuses and everytime you go to break it think of me and vice versa. We will confer at the weekend as you suggest and let us make a promise to be good until then. If we manage that then we will carry on, as you are right, once you break it, it just takes weeks to get back on it. Now I had 3 weeks of effing around. Enough already. Day 1 tomorrow for both of us.

Now I'm off to bed as I am sulking and don't want to end up screaming at my husband because of course it will be his fault I am eating - he forced it down my throat!. At least if I am asleep I won't be tempted. Ha bloody ha.

As for the dress, it is hung in my wardrobe and unless I crack on with this diet I shall outgrow it before I've even worn it and will sell it on ebay in 2 years time!!!!!!

Remember - tomorrow - promise me and I promise you - day 1.

Speak at the weekend honey. xx

• Posted

Ha ha omg have we been separated at birth lol great minds eh?? Ok hunny just hope you enjoyed your ice cream from tomorrow it will be sudacrem ha ha omg im like 1 big spud now!! I go to bed early every night now so i dont get picky i blame my partner because he never stips eating and i have to watch!!! I keep hopung he might choke.... Just a little bit for being insensitive and greedy!! Ok hunny tomorrow is our day!!!! We ARE going to be goid and do our very best you never know if he does eat too much i might end up on love island next year ha ha ha for oldies lol right we will do this ill be checking in at weekend to see how WELL you have done!! And yes if i try to cheat ill think of you and how well your doing it will keep me going!! And you will wear your dress and ill wear one without hold in knickers on ha ha nite nite honey sweet dreams of salad veg abd errrrm no treats xxxxx take care xxx
    • Posted

Ps i can spell its my stupid phone 😀 xx
  • Posted

You and Niclips crack me up, I love reading your replies to each other and the advice that you offer.

It is so annoying that men can eat much more than us and not put on weight AND if they decide to lose weight they lose it much, much quicker than us :-(

Hope you both have a better week !

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, I am glad we can put a smile on your face. I know how much that helps. I think I would have given up 2 months ago if not for this forum - it really does help.

So I've been good since last week so I just hope Corinne has - it has been hard but I have an important wedding in 6 weeks and then my family holiday so aiming to get the half stone I piled on plus another 4 or 5 lbs before then - and this time I will not put any weight back on whilst on vacation.

Hope you are doing well on your diet. Bye for now.

• Posted

Hiya,

The forum certainly helps that's for sure - I tend to lurk cos I never know what to say

I'm doing okay I've lost a stone so far my doctor is very happy with me

It's so hard eating out though - normally we never eat out, but this month I have a meal out for my mother's 80th and an afternoon tea then evening meal for my daughters 21st I've been looking at the menus, it looks like steaks! !

We were out on Saturday night at well the others wanted tge Handmade burger so I ended up with a veggie burger

Keep motivated and good luck xxx

• Posted

Hi lorraine lovely to hear from you so glad we put a smile on your face good job we can smile lol well im trying but struggled a bit over the weekend your doing so well keep up the good work!! 😀 awww your so right bloody men do my head in!! I only have to look at something nice and i gain 2lbs its so not fair!!! My partner came over at the weekend with lots of cooked chicken pizza and wedges etc i had a little bit if pizza and he has the cheek to say to me eerrrm you cannot eat that!!! So i gave him the cat fork to enjoy the rest of his dinner!!! Annoying man he is serves him right i could have tucked in to it all i did cheat tho and had chocolate and cake as well so im back on the diet from today omg i need to lose some more so im really trying this week keep in touch let us know how your doing take care xxx
    • Posted

I must say i have not eaten out as such since i started the tablets probably to scared of the side effects and id probably give in and pig out if i seen and smelled the lovely food so your doing better then i would a pat on the back for doing so well 👍 xxx
    • Posted

Hiya

Veggie burgers are awful I think in future I'll just have chicken.

M&S do a selection of foods in their Counted for you section and it includes pizza - not the deep pan I would normally go for but a thin and crispy one but hey if you are dreaming of pizza you can have a whole one for approx 360 calories and very low in fat.

I'm having an 'orange oil' moment which is annoying as I'm being very good - its the second time this has happened and each time it was after having chilli - it should be 5% fat mince but I think it must be higher

Anyway good luck with your weight lossx

• Posted

Hi hun ooh i was like that last week with the oil its awful and i had def not eaten anything i shouldnt have its all stopped now but i think your right some things are definatly higher in fat then stated unless were actually eating more the the 15gm allowance per meal maybe? Anyway thanks so much for the tip ill try marks & spencers see what choice they have in x take good and thanks good luck to you too xxx
    • Posted

Hiya,

Thankfully the orange oil has stopped but it is so annoying mad

All I had was the 5% mince with tinned toms and kidney beans in chilli sauce, I must look when shopping to see if they have a fat content as that could maybe put me over.

I don't usually shop at M&S but had vouchers to use and thought might as well use them for food!  I was quite impressed with their selection, and when I was there it was 3 for £10. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.