had op Mon 13.4.15

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is there anyone else out there that had a subtotal hysterectomy (only womb taken and top of cervix), oh and i was cut, it wasn't sucked out. just wanted to know how everyone was feeling as i feel great, didn't feel ill before though so wondered if this might be why i feel so good. I'm already cooking dinners and walking and going out this afternoon shopping with hubby. Staples were removed Mon 20.4.15.  I'm hoping this is a sign of my recovery or am i being to hopeful and all of this will come back and bite me in the bum.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

that's good, I felt great quite early but I had felf unwell before I had TAH + BSO remember you still need to rest I am pleased you are well on the way to full recovery
  • Posted

Hi Neverstaysstill

So glad you are feeling great, isn't it wonderful.  I feel amazing.  I didn't feel ill before but my bowel and bladder had descended quite a way and it was extremely uncomfortable and sore, making me feel quite miserable.  

You seem to be coming along leaps and bounds, provided you rest in between the bouts of walking you should be fine.  I am back to full dog walking duties 4 times a day at full speed.  I just want to hug and kiss my surgeon, he was fantastic.  

So glad you are doing so well.  Have you had any pain?  I cannot believe I've had no pain.

Take care though only walking exercise and no lifting.  Keep up the good work.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

The only pain i have had has been inside, i suppose where its healing in there but not really bad enough to even take painkillers. If i stand for too long i get a heavy sort of feeling but the strangest thing is i am still numb around the wound so perhaps if/when that all comes back to life i may get some actual pain then.  Not even really suffered from the dreaded gas but then i think my iBS medication helps with that anyway. So glad to hear you are back to full dog walking duties and that you love your surgeon lol, is hubby slightly jealous???
    • Posted

Dear Neverstaysstill

Fantastic isn't it that you don't need painkillers.  I expect the numbness is where they have cut through the flesh and feeling will gradually come back hopefully without pain.  

Does your IBS give you a lot of trouble?  

He! he! I think hubby loves my surgeon too for putting everything back in place, hubby has always been very very nervous about that.  On one of my 'funny' days I asked him if he wanted to see, he went a funny colour and declined.  I think us women seem very complicated to our men!  

Take care

Love 

Jacqui smile

• Posted

i'v had IBS for 30 odd years and about a year ago found out i had a intolerance to fibre.  I manage my IBS with imodiums and diet and just avoid all foods containing fibre (easier said than done). I used to carry a commode type pot in my car at all times as the need to go was so urgent i only got about 30 seconds warning. However, since the fibre diagnosis my life has really changed and the IBS has become easier to deal with, also due to anemia last year bought on by ridiculous amounts of bleeding i was prescribed 200mg of iron per day and although blood is back to normal now the dr has kept me on the iron as it makes most people constipated but makes me near enough normal so at 50 years old it looks like i'm actually starting to get a life.
    • Posted

Hi Neverstaysstill

Gosh you have really been through it haven't you.  Isn't it amazing how food can cause such bad problems.  Trouble is the medical field in this country have little or no idea what havoc certain foods can have on our bodies.  It must have been a complete nightmare for you with the very little warning you had.  I am so glad you have at long last found some of the answers to help your quality of life.  You are obviously a great fighter and you deserve a much better life ahead of you.  

Sugar, dairy products, grains, and most manufactured goods irritate my bladder, and it took me years to work it out.  It was only when I came across my surgeon Mr El Gorigor three years ago he showed me the light at the end of the tunnel.  By then I was willing to give anything up just to have a normal life.  And now he has put everything back in its right place, I am so grateful, just cannot get over how well and full of energy I feel.

Take care

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.