Had pain and feeling of lump in throat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had this awful illness since July now 😴 Horrendous neck pain had started to get better not my throats feels like there's a lump there and my jaw is ever so tender! Making me really anxious! Also the leg arm and armpit twinges! Anyone else?? Xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Three weeks ago I started with fever and sore throat. Now the worst has passed, but I also have neck pain on the right side, I don't know why. My tonsils are not white anymore, I checked them and they look normal, but I seem to have little white dots below the tonsils at the back of my throat, I can't see lower in the mirror.

The pain seems to be coming from the right side of my larynx, but I feel it inside and outside my neck. I also have swollen lymph nodes below my right collar bone. eek When I went to the ER 2 weeks ago they took an xray of my chest and the drs said it looked normal so I don't think the swollen lymph nodes are related to my chest.

But I feel pain from the base of the right side of the neck all the way up to the jaw. I also have burning pain in my larynx which started the day after I came in contact with 2 little kids who were coughing a lot. So it could be mono or a different virus because sometimes I cough a lot too. Sometimes it also feels as if I had a lump there and the muscle of my neck is tender, although my voice hasn't changed. The left side of my neck feels completely normal. neutral

Yesterday I was reading a book but suddenly I started thinking about the pain. I googled the symptoms and some of the results were about "lymphoma" or "laryngeal cancer", I had a panic attack, took my anti anxiety pills at 9 pm and woke up today at 11 am. I had horrible nightmares and I feel so tired right now. I wish there was a real treatment for this illness. All I can do now is wait, rest, drink water and take vitamins. If the neck pain doesn't go away I don't know what I'm going to do. sad

• Posted

Dan this is all normal, I’ve had the same exact thing I went and saw an ent and he scoped my throat and nothing was there!! I’ve been sick since June and throat issues started in August/September and feels like I have a lump in my throat and burns like I have acid reflux !!! I also have wicked neck pain in the back  since day 1!’ It has improved but is still there!! Among the other people in here that is a very common thing!’ I went and had full blood work and was all normal!’ I would for sure let your dr know and run basic blood work as if you had lymphoma it would come up in your blood work!!

Deep breaths don’t panic this is normal!! I’ve had some voice change where it feels like it’s sooo swollen in there and like I’m straining to talk but that only happens when I talk to much!’ Hang in there and see your dr to put your mind at ease, thats what I did when I went to ent, and that was pretty easy they numbed my throat and nose and then about 10 min later he came back and stick camera in nose down throat and didn’t see anything! Took less then 1 minute and did not hurt one bit!’ Just in case you decided to go and they do scope it wanted you to know the experience!!!😀😜 hang in there!’ Oh I still have the throat lump feeling but comes and goes 

• Posted

Just to clarify lymphoma would not be seen in a blood test.. i have had enlarged nodes for a year now plus a list of other symptoms following some sort of illness that seemed to be glandular fever but upon testing i was told i had previously been infected at some stage in life...
    • Posted

Hoping everyone is well today....remember not to worry about other illnesses when going through glandular fever....it's so easy to do and think you have this or that, but the symptoms often drive you that way and in the majority of cases it is only the symptoms of the glandular fever and nothing else - just to reassure anyone worrying!

Craig

• Posted

Hey Rosanna,

Anything in the neck / jaw area can definitely be glands I think, I had a reactive gland in my neck which was sooo annoying and painful it was horrible. I just want to reassure you also that armpit and groin pain is also glands....there are a lot of glands in these areas so that is common during the virus....dont' want you to worry about these pains / twinges, because it is normal during the virus, although horrible and hard to deal with sad

Thinking about you and hang in there...take things slowly and of course do see a doc if you are unsure about anything or concerned.

Craig

• Posted

It's hard to say Kurt, quite a long time throughout the duration of the virus and certainly a year or so anyway, but that doesn't mean to say it was always as bad or anything, there were times it was better and worse during that period and eventually it does completely go.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply craig im just really struggling to cope with everything at the moment, as i dont even know if glandular fever is the resulf of all of this sad
    • Posted

It's understandable Kurt, really hope that you can see real progress soon, you will definitely get better hang in there. Just take it day at a time is all you can do when feeling that way.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.