Had sinus surgery 12 days ago: still blowing thick bloody mucus out of my nose and post nasal???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is this normal or no?? I feel like crap and am worried.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't know but try not to worry too much. I know easy for me to say but as long as you're in contact with your doctor I don't think you should get concerned just yet. I have problems myself but I never had the surgery like you. Hope you can get answers from others that have been through the surgery part of sinus problems. But this I know sinus problems can ruin your day!  Best of luck sorry I don't have any answers you are looking for but I thought I'd throw you some emotional support just the same! 
    • Posted

I had sinus surgery March 10, 2016 and my first week was a night and day difference. I wish I could continue to say this. Since the surgery I have had hearing loss in my left ear with pain in my ears. I also ended up getting a cold a week and half after surgery which didn't help. I went to a 2nd opinion who said I am part of the 50% that takes long to heal. He said 6 to 8 weeks to feel better. He also told me I have inflammation that needs to heal bye took me off my medications saying they weren't doing anything for me. Told me to start nelimed rinse 3x per day and start to use Flonase, so I have. That appointment was Wednesday March 30. friday April 1 I am 3 1/2 weeks post surgery I have horrible headaches in the back of my head, almost total hearing loss, very painful right side ear pain with lots of ringing and clicking sounds. It's also painful on my neck. My hearing aids no longer do the job to help hearing. I am frustrated with the lack of concern from doctors and willingness to listen to me that I have something going on. I have another ENT appointment Monday April 4 more follow up from surgery to see how I am progressing. Also I forgot to answer a question, yes I had thick snotty bloody discharge when I blew my nose for 3 weeks. It basically stopped when I started nelimed and Flonase. I don't know why but it did and caused me some more problems. I am wondering if I got fluid in my Eustachian tubes that is causing this pain. I am at ends rope with all this medical crap. Sorry I don't have good news and I hope you have better turnout then I do.
    • Posted

Tim13697, hey man easy for me to say but hang in there it's got to get better cause it can't get any worse. Right? I am also at the end of my rope with theses doctors too. Remember what the old timers used to say. They are only practicing medicine! Meaning they don't know all there is to know about medicine that's why they call it practice. If you feel something isn't right or don't agree with the doctor just remember you can get another doctor. Well that's if the wait isn't as long as a Disney world ride. Good luck with your help Tim. And try to remember to smile before big gov't try's to tax and screw that up as well. 
  • Posted

Hi, just wondering how u were doing? I had sinus surgery 18 days ago and am also starting to worry. I have nausea (from post nasal drip mayb) still have terrible sinus pressure n congestion and have just started with headaches. I am extremely fatigued and feel just awful. Does this get better I hope??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.