Had stroke exercises broke hip osteoporosis, Exercise?? HELP!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

2-3 years ago I was diagnosed as having mini strokes leading to issues including poor mobility in my left leg (i.e. can't really use it) they said only thing to do was physiotherapy exercises, which I did and was it going well, so for a few days I slowly increased them. Until my hip broke (NO I DID NOT FALL!!)

Therefore operation, (Pinned) then physiotherapy and rehab!! Fine, doing more exercises, OK, Then they thought they give me a DEXA scan!! (story there!) Diagnosed me with Osteoporosis, put me on Calcium Andratic Acid tablets. Then then sorted more physiotherapy, but wires got crossed and they said only do walking exercises!!

I think, I feel I should be doing more!! I do not know what exercises to do?? HELP!! To get my mobility back to some degree and not to do myself any further damage?!!

Physiotherapists have discharged me, I do not seem to be getting thro to Doctors!!!

Any suggestions Ideas gladly welcomed, I am at my whit's end!!!

Richard 😃

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

walking only might just be your best bet. No more damage is the goal. sometimes there is no getting better, stronger, but maintaining what mobility you have. make sure you are thinking this issue thru carefully, some mobility is better than none. best of luck!

• Posted

Thank you for your input and suggestions. I just need to get my head around all this, I'm looking for some positives? I'm missing some drive to get to my goals, any help more than welcome!!! I will struggle on! Thanks!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.