Had surgery Tuesday and just cant do BM am in terrible pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am shaking and sweating because i desparately need to do a BM I can feel it but it just wont come out......  Yesterday I took 2 movicol and 1 just this morning.  I have also taken to laxative teas, don't know what to do....

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had rectocele surgery, vaginal suspension and a hysterectomy less than a week ago. I was told to start stool softeners the day I got home. They must have given me some in the hospital because the day I got home I already had a BM. No issues, no pain! I highly suggest getting off pain pills, I took one! I had hardly any pain to deal with, just a little cramping. I can only imagine what you are dealing with, I expected issues and didn't have any. I had read too to put your feet on a small stool when you do go, I helps! Good luck!
    • Posted

Hi Pam, I had the same as you and I've found prunes,plenty of water and the step in the loo is an absolute god send!my physio explained it really well and said that when your feet are on a stool it gets your bowel in the right position as it straightens it out if that makes sense!good luck
  • Posted

Just letting you all know that I am feeling much better thank you all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.