Had the Lupidus bunion surgery on my left foot

Posted , 4 users are following.

It s been one week since I 've had the surgery. my foot cramps so bad. I want to stretch it out so much. I feel useless. and to top it off my sister sat on it today 😦

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Christina

I'm on my third week. last year I had my left foot done, but it also included instep fusion and toes being 're aligned. that meant 6 weeks none weight bearing. the fact I can put my foot down from the beginning makes life much easier.

I know what you mean about wanting yo stretch toes but this sensation goes quite quickly. I can move my fourth and fifth f2f or easily now.

you really must get your head into the right place, after all six weeks is a very short length of time.

swelling is the enemy, so you must keep your foot up as much as possible for another week. Then go slowly into activity., allowing plenty of time for resting with the foot up.

This is not a quick fix, teach yourself a new skill while immobile and think about life without ugly, painfully feet.

keep your sister busy doing chores!

Chin up, it's only five more weeks with the boot.

• Posted

I am also on my 3rd week and I would agree that ice and elevation are crucial. I think that using ice when your feet are cramping might help ease the foot. It will get easier and soon! Dream of that pedicure in the summer!

• Posted

thank you for the kind words. It's not cramping as bad but it's getting rubbed raw where the incision is and my heal. it hurts! I go next Thursday to have the stitches removed. does this hurt alot 😦 and I 'll have a boot then.

• Posted

Hi Christina

I would contact the hospital before Thursday if I felt it was rubbing raw. A phone call can't do any harm and they might be able to see you before then or at least to give you some medical advice. I did not have a cast, but have been in the boots (both feet) since my operation. The boots are fine - I have sometimes wrapped an extra bandage round my foot if I felt the need for extra padding, but I'm now (at Day 26) fine in socks over the dressings. I cant answer your question about removal of stitches as mine will dissolve on their own. I hope things soon start to feel more comfortable for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.