Had to Share " Just Relax"

Posted , 5 users are following.

So at 7:15 ths morning I had an MRI of my lower body. I heard 25 times Just relaxt, relax, Ms. G---relax. I have had spasms in my body everyday for over4 months. I have a severe case of Fibro. You are going to put me on a hard table and then in a tunnel and tell me I will be like that for 20-25 minutes. Don't move and relax. Um I laid there tried to follow directions.Seven minutes short of my time the tech says " How are you doing Ms. G___? I say ," I am in pain just like any other time" THe tech then tells me that the pictures are blurry and she will send those to the doctor in hopes that they can see what they need too. My husband thank God was there with me as I needed help getting dress afterwards as I was in severe pain. Some NERVE

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Poor you, it's not easy and people don't seem to understand, and it's usually the ones who should understand what you are going through who don't. You did very well, and it was nice your husband was there with you, that kind of thing makes a difference too.

Take care

• Posted

Morning diagnosososalie; did they not offer you "iv sedation:???   I couldn't get through my 1st MRI, so have always insisted on some IV Valium or Hypnovel..............I think that after all this time of knowing how hard it is to have to "go into that tunnel", that the powers that be should know by now and "just administer it"...especially as you had your husband with you.............so sorry.................Bron
    • Posted

I didn't even know they offer that option ....... Ty for the info you posted on here. Hope you are feeling ok today!
  • Posted

Poor you, really feeling for you...I hate MRI's with a vengeance....hooe things settle down fir you...we do have good husbands don't we...mine is such a blessing...sooo caring..and I know I'm not very nice to him sometimes..sad...
  • Posted

oh sweetie I am so sorry I know those metal tables suck so bad your arms are aching because they are above your head. then they say hold your breath don't move ...yeah right!! I totaly understand after an MRI my back hurts so bad I can not even set up with out help..... Sorry your experience was so bad. They really need to have a heart! hugs to you!
  • Posted

Thanks for all the kind words. I Know that I will have to do another MRI of my upper portion. I also want on of my rain for being oin Lyrica . I was a FGCU SENIOR /

I couldn't see the doctor as her grandson dmitted inthe hospital.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.