Had TURP 2 years ago

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had TURP two years ago, recovery took about three months.  Everything including sex was good till a couple of months ago.  Started with having trouble peeing at times and getting up more at night (AGAIN).  Doctor put me back on Tamsulosin and I can pee again getting up only once a night and feel like I do empty my bladder.  Sex is just OK but coming up dry just like the first go round with this drug.  All this feels like da-ja-vu.  This entire situation has me pretty confused.  In time I will be exploring what options there are.  I don't want to go under the knife again.  I'm 71 yrs old, at least with this drug for now I can pee.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Joe, I am 69 years old.  I did the turp two times, and also had a greenlight laser procedure.  This is over a span of around 15 years.  The best thing so far, is my new "do it yourself" procedure, which is the CIC.  I am not on anykind of medication, all I do is self-catherer three to four times a day.  With this procedure, I am able to empty out the bladder completely, and not have any kind of side-effects, because no medication is involved.  I suggest that you try this method, and discontinue the medication, which could be harmful in the long term.  Best of luck!

• Posted

Dennis, You have been very fortunate as mine kept swelling and blocking for CIC, then had to have Foley rammed in a number of times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.