Had UAE 4 mths ago but stomach hasn't gone down much :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if others around 4 months post procedure have had their stomachs go down?

I still feel like I look 3 months pregnant. I'm not expecting to have a flat stomach at all but was hoping I'd see more of a difference. My doctor told me that the fibroids could take up to one year before they shrink. Was suppose to do a post X-ray to check the fibroids but I haven't had a chance to do it yet. Is this normal for others 3-4 mths post procedure? I hope I don't have more growing in me instead of others shrinking sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry... correction.... not an X-ray but an MRI
  • Posted

I go in tomorrow for the procedure. I'm extremely nervous. How was the procedure itself? I'm sorry you aren't seeing your stomach go down yet. Have you noticed your periods getting better?

• Posted

I did the UAE through the upper thigh. Was awake through it all. The procedure was fine. Didn't feel much. When you are done you will start to feel some pain but don't worry you will get pain meds to help. Good luck to you today.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I really need to hear from women who had done this procedure. I appreciate you taking time for me. I don't really have any family or friends who are familiar with his procedure.

• Posted

Hi Sheila

I am 18 months post op. I have definitely seen a big improvment in my periods. It was 11cm pre op then 7.5cm post op.

It still was 7.5cm when was last checked at end of April 2017. So I did not get the 50% shrinkage so my belly still looks like a 16 week pregnancy. But even if I had got the full 50% I would still have a 12 week pregnancy belly.

You may be different to me though. I'm now at the point where I'm going to request a Myomectomy. If I get refused I will just wait for the Menopause. I don't regret UFE as it has shrunk and may have given me another treatment option hopefully.

Good luck to you

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your response. Heavy periods were never my issue as my fibroids were growing outwards and not inwards of my uterus. I was lucky in that respect. I had about 10 fibroids in me the largest sitting right on my bladder. i do feel improvements and am glad I did the procedure but wish I'd see my tummy go down much more. Hopefully the MRI will give me more answers soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.