Had ultrasound...waiting results help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I'm really worried about a scan I have had of the pelvis. Was referred as have bad Back ache and pains in sides and bloating. And a history in my family of ovary cancer in grandma. Anyway the lady doing the scan asked me alot of questions whilst performing the scan..

She asked me have I had any operations down there? I said ivf she asked how many times. She asked me again same questions twice. Then asked when was my last period and what we're my symptoms. I asked if everything looked ok, she said the ovaries looked ok. I pressed for my info but she said she would need to compare with a previous scan?! Which I'm unsure how she would do as can't remember last one and she said she couldn't give me a full report speak to go. She was very cagey. As soon as she did internal scan she stopped as soon as it got in there for a while and was looking. I know I sound paranoid but I'm worried. Iv had 3 ivf. Have twin boys aged 3. Wasn't able to have my own so used doner eggs as my eggs were immature??no known reason. I'm now 37. ..any advice anyone xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Why are you worried? Its quite normal for the technician doing the scan not to give the patient any feedback. A report will go to whoever ordered the scan in the first place and that person will talk to you about the results. .   This sounds all quite normal...please dont worry.
  • Posted

The doctor did something similar to my mom. They didn't tell her she had cancer for four months because they "wanted to monitor it." They didn't monitor anything and only told her when she ended up in the emergency room and had emergency surgery. She was seconds/minutes/days away from metastasis and becoming stage four/end stage. I don't want to scare you but make sure they aren't hiding anything. It's your right to know. Maybe go see another doctor and get another opinion.

I have a cyst the size of a lemon and it has been causing me terrible pains. I've had the pain and terribly painful and heavy periods since september 2016. Ive seen about 4 physicians and a gynecologist before they finally agreed to give me an ultrasound and found it.

My point is keep pushing and don't believe anyone without other opinions and your own research.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.