Had upper endoscopy today was told I have patchy mild inflammation gastric antrum

Posted , 3 users are following.

What does that mean? Results don't get back till two weeks from now and I'm freaking out!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That could be an ulcer! I had mild inflammation in the lower distal esophagus! Mine was caused by acid reflux! Yours is at the opening of the stomach! When it says mild it's slightly inflamed! Probably will need to take omprezole and an antibiotic! Alot of times stress causes this. A diet will be a definite! Don't fret when they say they took biopsies cause they always take them to determine ulcer or acid reflux! It always takes about two weeks weeks for results. One is to test for acid the other is to see if it grows bacteria which tells cause of inflammation!

• Posted

Damn I was kind of hoping it wasn't an ulcer sad yeah I've had really bad acid reflux dropped 20 pounds I just want to be better already you know everything this is what the doctor wrote on my report "the hypopharnx was normal. The proximal esophagus, mid esophagus, distal esophagus and gastroesophageal junction were normal. The gastric body, gastric Antrum, prepyloric refion of the stomach, pylorus, cardia (on retroflexion) gastric fundus (on retroflexion) and lesser curvature of the stomach were normal. Biopsies were taken with a cold forceps for histology. The duodenal bulb and second portion of the duodenum were normal. Patchy mild inflammation was found in the gastric Antrum. Biopsies were taken with a cold forceps for histology."

• Posted

Gastric antrum inflammation or antral gastritis is an autoimmune problem that can cause a lot of discomfort. The word antrum refers to any hollow space in the body, such as the stomach. As the name suggests, this condition causes an inflammation to the lower part of the stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.