Had your fibriods been tested in lab after myomectomy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I am 4 weeks post op myomectomy.

My huge fibroids are gone for the test in a Lab by my gyn.

Does anybody else is having the same situation?

What are the results?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rob,

Is normal routine now in nhs procedures after fibroid operation to examine what is been taking out in lab but they always give the patient number to call for the results after 2 weeks or an option of email. 

I chose email option. They emailed me and told me that is just a normal fibroid.

I guess they just want to be sure is not cancerous.

• Posted

Hi Cecilia,

Thanks for replying.

I had 2 big fibroids and my gyn said that one of which was degenerating

For that fibroid they tested..they think that it is having some of cancerous cells😭😣😣😣

I started crying wheb she told me.

They has been sent again for further testing and that result will tell and confirm if its cancerous or not...

Am too much afraid and scared i dont want to lost my uterus..

• Posted

Hi Rob,

You will be fine by God’s grace. Look at it on a brighter side that they are working on it. Stay possible.

• Posted

Hi Rob,

You will be fine by God’s grace. Look at it on a brighter side that they are working on it. Stay positive.

• Posted

I'm 18 days post op and on my discharge letter it said I would get a letter with biopsy results, I dunno how long you have to wait though as nobody told me! I have an appointment with the gynaecologist on the 31st July so if I've heard nothing by then I'll just have to ask her.

• Posted

I'm now 4 weeks post op and today I received a letter with my biopsy results! It says the biopsy from the lining is within normal limits with no worrying features (secretory endometrium and benign polyp). The fibroid that was prolapsing into the vagina has been confirmed to be a fibroid with no worrying features (leiomyoma). I'm guessing that's all good?

• Posted

Yes. Usually ( in the US) they send the tissue to pathology. Don't know why but I guess if there's cancer, then the docs can advice you. Two of my largest fibroids were calcified. Not Surprised cos they outgrew their blood supply during my last pregnancy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.