Haechromatosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone

ive not been on for awhile, because thankfully ive been feeling not to bad. i have been having three monthly venesection for some time now and after my venesection always feel great and revived. i had a venesection on 3rd of january and three days after starting not feeling well i never put in down to my venesection and i still dont know if it is that, but as the weeks have gone on i feel so weak no strengh in my hands and feet feel heavy to lift, my hands ache so much worse in the mornings, i have finally got a appointment for my gp for this friday, has any one else ever felt like this i feel tired as well, i was t sure wether i should ring the hospital and speak to my haechromatosis nurse who deals with me. i have never felt like after having venesection. any replys would be appriciated im quite worried

ally

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am newly diagnosed with Hemochromotosis and had my first Venesection yesterday - today i have more pain and feel very fatigued.

i just put it down to the weather - but after seeing your question made me think it might be down to the venesection.

• Posted

hi jan

ive been doing it for 5 years now at first i felt like you, but now i feel tired first day and then i feel great all revived, but my last venesection on 3rd january ive not felt right since, i phoned my haemchromatoisis nurse and they have done blood test today, just waiting on results. im glad i phoned because i was getting worried. have you started the maintainance stage how often are you going?

ally

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.