Haematoma 2 week post vaginal hysterectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Ladies.

My surgery took several hours due to scar tissue and bleeding. I subsequently had a large blood loss a few days ago followed by a further 4 days in hospital. The scan still showed an 8cm haematoma still there. Has anyone else had similar problems? Will this delay recovery? worried I may still have internal bleeding. Hopefully a further scan in 4 weeks will show all clear, but in the meantime I'm still concerned. I have Any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI Jo sounds like you're having a tough time as I think with most ladies who join in. It's very frightening and you feel like you're just left to get on with it. I ended up back in hospital 7 days after my op with an infection and build up of fluid and blood. I was told this was often the case after TAH. All I can suggest if you are very worried like I was try the 111 service they put my mind at rest. But when they felt I needed it they sent an ambulance crew to asses me. They were very good. Just know you are not alone and it takes a long time to get over this operation. good luck with your recovery go gently

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.