Haemoglobin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Someone help me here,is it possible to miss periods because of low blood level(haemoglobin) ???

I hv 7.8 and normal is 12..

Is this possible n am not pregnt n not menopau' yet??

Am now on inofer iron tablets

Xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

With my fibroid I had non stop period bleeding with frequent flooding which led to my haemoglobin level to drop to 6.5 with was dangerously low.

Yours is also very low and need to get treatment asap. And find out the cause of why you have such a low level.

• Posted

Are you under the care of a doctor? Iron pills?? You need a couple of units of blood ASAP! Like this week. And you probably need an iron transfusion.

Do you currently have fibroids? What are you doing for treatment if you do?

Whoever is taking care of you is not being proactive. I would be the squeaky wheel.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you helen & IndyJane,

There r fibroids yes(many) but am not under any treatment as they now don't cause any problem.(before i used to visit gyno).my periods r irregulary since i was in school, n since i stopped taking birthcontrol pills 2014 january i dont have much problem cause i now dn't over bleed

In short i dnt treat fibroids anymore.

But i started taking iron pills on wednesday they are called INOFER. Was told they will high up my haemoglobin.

Xx

• Posted

You probably have hypoxia with a hgb like that and need to get yourself to the dr. to fix this. It is dangerous for you to be this low. I implore you to go to the dr. I would personally go to the emergency room and present with my symptoms and demand a transfusion.

My 15yo son has cancer and is the size of a grown man, if his hgb gets near 8 his hem-onc gives him 2units of blood. Because he has chemo he does not make blood; he has to get transfusions. She said that if mine dips to 8 that I need it. Mine hasn't been below 9 since I discovered my problem. I am still getting iron infusions.

I am so sorry you are suffering like this. Likely you are so drained you don't realize how bad off you are. sad

• Posted

Thx IndyJane

Will try get a gyno for help,i forgot to say i hv polyp n uterus is thick,was checked for cancer n was told it was not cancerous,

quick recovery to your son too,.

Thx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.