Haemoroid op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had op on thursday. Went in at 7.30am, was down for op at 8.45am. Back in cubicle at 11.15am. Felt really sick and had massive sore throat. Nurse gave me something for sickness. Manage 2 cups of water, and half a sandwhich.Told i couldnt go home till i had a wee. Tried took 5 mins as muscle werent working.

Day 2, lots of pain. Dr at hospital told me to take senna the night i came home and 15 ml of lactulose from today for two weeks! Omg the cramps, every hour diarohrea, wouldnt stop!Rag gp was told i should have been told to take only if needed!! Hurt so much, am on paracetomal, naproxen and codeiene.

Day 3, woke up in lot of pain. Straight in bath, which helped a bit. Also couldnt wee untill i got in the bath. Have had meds this morning now back in bed!

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Day 6.

Had a good day with little pain and pressure. Was more mobile today. Was all fine till this evening. Bm only released 2. 2cm ish pebbles, then left with pain. Then half hour later had a more substantial soft amount. Todays bm was most painful i have had so far.

Both amounts had trace of blood. Did not have blood till the diaoarhrea event yesterday. Is this normal 6 days after op?

• Posted

Hi Sassy , I had blood for quite a few weeks after my ops , so unless its a great amount , I wouldnt be worrying too much about it .
    • Posted

No its just streamlines in bm( nothing like the blood that was coming out ladt night!

Thanks for all your advice, good to have someone to talk to who had been through it!

• Posted

Day 7

Woke with horrendous pressure in bottom, constantly feels like i need a bm. My body is telling me i need one, but nowt but 2 pebbles this morning.

Gp just prescribed movical thats suppossed to be less aggressive than the lactulose.

Feel very tiredtoday

• Posted

Day 7 continued

Had awful day. Spent all day on and off of toilet and in bath, only passing small amounts. This afternoon had to push this bm out it was driving me mad, omg worst pain ever, hugeist log ive ever passed( sorry tmi, lol). But the relielf was instant. Hopefully that was the movical that i took this morning. Still very exhausted today, dont know if this is the start of an cfs flare up. Hope tomorrow is better.

• Posted

Day 8

Woke up bit of doscomfort and pressure. Normal Bm tried to come at normal time but passed a small pebble amount still had need to go. Took movical. Tried again and went for a bm, still pain pushing out. Bit of relief, but have still felt pressure in bottom all day. Not needed any painkillers.

• Posted

Hi Sassy , sorry not replied , been away couple days . I went thro quite a few days going to the toilet and wondering why so little was coming out . There was a little relief for a little while after passing these 'pebbles' , but always short lived . I think its the swelling inside that makes you feel like you need to go , and even a little bit of wind can make you feel like you're about to pass a rugby ball .

• Posted

Day9

Woke up no pain, just bit of discomfort. Bm at normal time, normal looking. Also bern once more today.

Only started taking movical on weds morning, not sure how long they take to work. ( sure its not a matter of hours, like what happened weds afternoon,so thinking maybe i didnt actually need it!)

Belly is very windy bloated, so much wind coming. Tummy girgling, sure its the movical. Tempting fate whether to miss a dose tomorrow. Was you on this sort of meds and how long did u usevthem?

Actually been out today, for 15 minutes all i could manage.

• Posted

They gave me laxatives in case things didnt move , they gave me stool softener for when they did , and morphine for the pain , as well as anti biotics . I'm sure I was on them for around 4 weeks before I started to come off them . But didnt feel confident to leave the house until i had been to toilet , and only when i knew where i was going had a toilet within striking distance lol .

• Posted

Guys I'm so annoyed hahaa. It's day 14 for me and I'm still in pain passing BM's. LOTS OF BLOOD. Also my period prolonged itself to a week and I'm just crying every day. It's awful. Also found out I have gastritis so that hasn't been helping anything. hope u all are hanging in there as well. I can't wait until all of this is over. My stomach is also SUPER bloated and everything feels so off down there. 

• Posted

Every day that passes is another one you can put behind you Alexis . Keep your chin up , wont be long til it all improves .
    • Posted

Oh no i feel for you! My period is late, but can feel it brewing really dont want it!

My acid reflux has been bad too.

• Posted

Day 10

No real pain just pinching sensation and dull ache.had two bm normal.

Went for a walk with dogs it nearly killed me too much.

Day 11

Much same as yesterday. Bloody stitch coming loose bout 2-3cms long just hanging, was irritating pulling so cut it off a bit. Less swelling today. Still having regular sitz baths. No painkillers or laxatives at mo.

• Posted

13 days

No pain, still swelling, still streaks of blood in bm. Still feeling of tightning from stitches.

• Posted

Glad to hear the pain going . Sounds like its all going as I might expect . You're getting there Sassy wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.