Haemorrhoid Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have severe pain with my haemorhoids and nothing seems to help. Pleeeeeeeeeeeese can anyone suggest what I can take to stop this unbearable pain as the constant pain is taking over my life.

Hope someone out there has a solution?

Regards

J

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi J,

unless you provide a bit more information, I don't think anyone can offer any serious advice.

Sorry.

• Posted

Hi Ian, not much more I can add? I have tried paracetamol but no joy and various creams.

The pain is really bad and when I sit and put pressure on my 'bottom' it makes my bladder hurt also. My GP prescribed various creams but none do anything for the pain. Just need some relief from the constant pain/

Regards

J

• Posted

have you tried sitz bath? Just soak your bum/cheeks in luke warm water? there are also ointments to put inside water - with various results - but plain water can help.

Mariah

• Posted

Hi Mariah, unfortunately I do not have a bath only a shower so no sitz bath for me???

Can you recommend any painkillers for the pain?

Regards

J

• Posted

if you have a shower cabin you could put a towel at drainage and fill, or get a bigger bucket like a mortar bucket? If there is bleeding i suggest using paracetamol but I guess you already tried that 😕

Mariah

• Posted

Hi Mariah, yes tried paracetamol but did not relieve the pain. Will try your idea re a bucket and see if I can manage. Thanks for the advice.

Regards J

• Edited

Hi J,

Sorry to hear about your pain, I know how you feel.

If the advice from your doctor hasn't worked maybe its time to consult a Colorectal surgeon, as they specialize in this.

As the previous comment suggested, try a sitz bath they really do help. I used to sit in a shallow bath of hot water for 25-30 minutes.

Regards,

Ian

• Posted

Hi Ian, I don't want to go down the surgery path if poss and unfortunately I do not have a bath only a shower so no sitz bath for me???

Can you recommend any painkillers for the pain?

Regards

J

• Posted

Hi

I had HALO RAR surgery back in march and am now fully recovered

the surgery was pain free and whilst the recovery was unpleasent it was worth going through it to be symptom free

i would go and speak to a colorectal surgeon ASAP so you can get on with the rest of your life

• Posted

Hi Bert, I am trying to avoid surgery as my son, many years ago, had it and said the recovery was so painful as you also said. Will try and find some relief before I go down that road. Thanks for replying. Regards J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.