Haemorrhoidectomy surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Did anyone ever get this done how difficult is it to recover. I’m a runner and not sure is it worth gettin done .  

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I’m a month out of surgery and as a gym rat it’s been very difficult getting back, I can do some light weights but running and getting on the elliptical can still be difficult. After I have a BM I definitely can’t go to the gym because I get sore but that’s just my personal experience and everyone is different. although if I were you I wouldn’t expect to get back to running for a bit. You’re gonna have discharge from your wound for a while so you might get uncomfortable running while you’re having discharge as well. 
  • Posted

I had a hemorrhoidectomy on March 22, 2018. Yesterday was my first comfortable day of no pain. It hasn't been easy and yes most days up until yesterday the pain was unbearable for me even with constant use of pain meds. Everyone heals differently and for me what made it difficult is I'm allergic to all anti inflammatory meds. I can only take tylenol. Despite the pain I'm looking at the long term perspective of hopefully not ever having to deal with hemorrhoid issues ever again once I'm completely healed. Good luck to you!

• Posted

I had a hemorrhoidectomy on March 22, 2018. Yesterday was my first comfortable day of no pain. It hasn't been easy and yes most days up until yesterday the pain was unbearable for me even with constant use of pain meds. Everyone heals differently and for me what made it difficult is I'm allergic to all anti inflammatory meds. I can only take tylenol. Despite the pain I'm looking at the long term perspective of hopefully not ever having to deal with hemorrhoid issues ever again once I'm completely healed. Good luck to you!

• Posted

Ahem....do you have external hems ?  And for how long and how severe?
    • Posted

I had four internal and two external removed in October. I did not have alot of pain . You do have discharge from the healing therefore you will have to wear pads.

How bad are they?

Where are you ? I am in the UK.

Everyone's healing is different.

• Posted

Yes iv been told by my consultant that surgery is the only solution I have both with lining coming away too. When they flare up they get very sore but normally they don’t bother me . It’s just long distance running is my prob I’m hoping to do the marathon and I’m afraid they will get bad in the middle of training 
    • Posted

If I was you I would get the surgery and have them cut out. Just remember everyone is different. Remember your health is important.
  • Posted

I’m on day 5. Do not get it done. I made worst choice of my life. I had 3 huge internal hemmroids. They never hurt.  I would just bleed once in awhile mane once a week or sometimes I would fill toilet with blood but did not hurt. If I can go back I would love with the hemmroids. This is un fn real (pain) there is no way there is another surgery worst than this( not that I had one but this is fn terrible 1 to 10 pAin scale 15 no joke. It’s insane 
    • Posted

Live with hemmroids^ not love with hemmroids😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.