Haemorrhoids

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with grade 2  Haemorrhoids. The Doc prescribed use of Tronolane Gel 2%. He also suggested to consider injection (he did not mention name). I have started using Tronolane but am rather apprehensive of injection in my advanced age as it may have side effects which may become problematic.

Doc obviously ruled out surgery at my age.

Can I have the views of others especially Haemorrhoids Patients  who have/are tackling this problems.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Im 56 n healthier then most 20 yr olds today.

Had it done Oct10th.

Im still having problems today.

Dont get the surgery.

I regret having it done. Mine were internal.

I still bleed today n have pain with bm from surgery.

I believe this is the cause of over cutting or scraping left with what they call anal strictures. Only way to correct this is with surgery again.

This is the most pain i have ever endured in my entire life.

If i had known and came arcoss this forum before he booked me in. I would have never had these hemorrhoids removed.

Hope this helps.

And good luck with the injections.

• Posted

Thanks for your views and I will follow your advice. Here in our Country Pakistan, General surgeons look after this aspect and I did go to one of them. I plan to follow your advice and seek a second opinion after a few days. At my advanced age of 85 yrs (though in reasonably good health), I will not go into difficult procedures and will only try to pull on with various Ointments/creams. 
  • Posted

Good thing is that you are at an early stage of hemorrhoids and this can be treated with pretty minimal invasive procedures. I have personally never gotten an injection for hemorrhoids so I am unable to give my opinion on that. Rubber band ligation is something I have gotten extensively and it is usually very effective (Although, in my case it was not). Minimal pain and discomfort is felt after this procedure. I definitely recommend this in my personal opinion Again, if you are uncertain look into getting a second opinion from another reputable doctor. It is important to go to someone who SPECIALIZES in this field. Do not go to a general surgeon. Best of luck!
    • Posted

Thanks for your views and I will follow your advice. Here in our Country Pakistan, General surgeons look after this aspect and I did go to one of them. I plan to follow your advice and seek a second opinion after a few days. At my advanced age of 85 yrs (though in reasonably good health), I will not go into difficult procedures and will only try to pull on with various Ointments/creams. 
    • Posted

I wonder if one can totally recover from this problem with med if diagnosed on time like me who has grade 2 hemorrhoids. In any case I would not like to go through op at this stage of my life.
  • Posted

Hi I had grade 4 and was sore for just over 2/3 weeks when I was having BM but now I am okay and just very careful. You have to remember everyone is different. I also read what everyone said as was dressing the operation but I am glad I had it.
  • Posted

Hi I would go through the operation. Mine went okay.
    • Posted

Thanks for your views. At my advanced age, I would not like to go for op or even injection. I have started using Tronolane cream as prescribed by the surgeon for my grade 2 hemorrhoids. Surgeon also suggested that I may consider injection if the problem persists which I like to avoid unless it becomes inevitable.

I want to know if some other patient at my stage of problem (grade 2) could get rid of this problem with ointments/creams etc. If so any better medication?

• Posted

Anusol Plus and Tronolane Hemorrhoidal ointments are the same containing 1.0% Pramoxine Hydrochloride.  I like to clarify if it is supposed be steroid. If so, still one has no other option but to use such ointments.
  • Posted

Further to my earlier note reproduced below:

'Anusol Plus and Tronolane Hemorrhoidal ointments are the same containing 1.0% Pramoxine Hydrochloride.  I like to clarify if it is supposed be steroid. If so, still one has no other option but to use such ointments.'

I believe the above ointments being used by me have steroid element, Possibly for this reason, some one on this forum said that these may not be used for more than 7 days at a time. Any views on that ?

So far I do not feel any pain/discomfort, hence I can try leaving the ointment till I feel slight discomfort. However one apprehends problem once one leaves use of ointments. I thought it proper to know views of other Hemorrhoid patients.

• Posted

My doctor told me you can use steroid ointments for only 7 days maximum.  I do not know how long a break you must take before you can repeat the usage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.