Haemorrhoids

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed grade 2 Hemorrhoids only about a months back. I never had any complaint earlier except that I had been having constipation/ delayed emptying since long. I went to the surgeon when I felt some discomfort. He said that I had grade 2 Hemorrhoids internal (no bleeding) at the moment. In view of my advanced age neither I consider any surgery nor the Surgeon felt so. However he prescribed use of Anusol Plus Ointment (Pramoxine Hydrochloride and 0.5 % Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate) or Tronolane (Pramoxine Hydrochloride) and then later injection also. I do not plan to have injection also.

My discomfort finished within 2-3 days after using Anusol plus ointment and since then there is no problem/ no discomfort. I like to ask views of other Haemorrhoids patients  on following points:

1. Should I keep using this ointment without any break even if I do not feel any discomfort? I just apprehend recurrence of problem if I stop using this ointment.

2. Would it be better to use the Ointment with lesser frequency?

3. Being a steroid, can its prolonged use create any other problems pertaining to Eye problems (early Glaucoma and early AMD) etc.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My doc told me you can use steroids for only 1 week; after that you risk tissue damage.

I don’t know how long you must wait before using it again...I would suggest calling your doc.  Or the pharmacy? 

In the meantime drink tons of water and tons of fiber.  Helps me!

• Posted

Is Anusol Plus (1%Pramoxine Hydrochloride and 0.5%Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate) Steroid? Which element; possibly  Pramoxine Hydrochloride is. Of course I will ask the Doc also during my next visit to him. My best wishes for you.
    • Posted

Yes it’s a steroid. Can you call your doctor? Did he give you any instructions? 
    • Posted

By the way, I like to ask you if you are getting Patient Forum notifications directly in the inbox of your e mail address. About a month back, I was getting directly in the inbox of of e mail address which was very convenient but  for the last one month, I sign in on Patient web site and then I can see notifications sent to me. It is very inconvenient for me; a zig-zag way to see notifications.

I contacted the Moderator but could not get the answer; possibly I could not properly explain my problem.

• Posted

Yes I’m getting them in my email. Hope you get yours figured out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.