Haemorrhoids

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have grade 3 and grade 4 internal haemorrhoids. They are not painful and I only feel slight pain after BM occasionally. Sometimes they do flare up in which case its painful after BM for a couple of hours. They swell a few minutes after BM.

The doctor advised for Hemorrhoidectomy which I am dreading not only because of pain but also because I have read that the excision of the tissues in the anal canal can lead to several complications later. I have looked at alternative treatments and have come across two possible treatments 1. Rafaelo procedure and 2. Stappling procedure which is new and conducted by Dr. Pasquale in London.

I am note sure if this is the right forum to ask but I wanted to get some feedback. Has anyone gone through stapling or Rafaelo procedure. Does it clear the symptoms? Any advice would be appreciated. 

thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Never heard of your 2 treatment , but good luck. Whatever u do , do not get the surgery. It was in your boat but had 3 huge internal hemmroids/ no pain but blood in my stool. If I could go back I would of lived with bleeding here and there. The first week after surgery is a nightmare and still pain up to month. Good luck in ur decision 
    • Posted

Thanks Dan19889. Do you feel it's only the pain or any complications as well? Hope u get well soon. Thx

• Posted

It was just the pain, I am back to normal after 2 months. But I would not wish the first week after surgery on anybody. It is terrible, i mean I am not bleeding, anymore because the surgery , but I would still rather bleed than go what I had to go threw. It’s a nightmare no lie. But it could be different for every one. Depends on size and how ur body takes it, I did have the largest ones you can have, I had 3 of the internal hemmroids. 🤣🤣🤣

• Posted

I mean if you are thinking about it. The only way(in my opinion) you get it done if they are causing so much pain, but even with all the blood I was losing when using the bathroom, my surgeon still told me it’s not  mandatory to get done, my family talked me in to it by saying I’m a few years when I’m bleeding, I’m ganna just blame it on the hemmroids and it could be something else serious/ so that’s y I went threw with it,  so all I gained out of it was no more bleeding, I never had pain. So was it worth it for me/. I say hell no, 🤣. I would rather bleed. But it’s all over now thank god. Good luck. But talk to ur surgeon because if u ain’t in pain, I wouldn’t do it. But that’s just my opinion 

• Posted

I had four internal and two external removed in October last year and for pain I was given paracetamol and dihydrocodeine and BM I was given lactulose and fybogel. I only used paracetamol for pain. The first BM was painful as you do not know what to expect but I had a shower then changed it to sitting in a hot bath. I read what everyone had written in this forum and was dreading the operation but it was not bad for me as what I had written. Just remember everyone is different. Hope this helps. My operation was was in the UK.
  • Posted

Before going for surgery I would advise you to get a toilet stool to put your feet up on while going to the loo. It puts you in a more natural position and can help clear up and prevent straining/ piles/ fissures. You can buy fairly cheaply on internet. I’ve been using one for the last 7 months and have found it to be a complete cure. I even have a folding portable one that I keep in the back of the car and take on holiday. I can’t recommend them highly enough. It’s been a real life changer. 
  • Posted

From what I have read and from what my surgeon said the stapling procedure is not a good idea. However, the Rafaelo looks new and may be a good go to. 
    • Posted

Indeed the old stapling procedure wasn't a good idea but they have come up with some new equipment which uses some kind of a doppler (sound) technology to locate the blood supplying arteries accurately. It might be worth checking with your surgeon and finding out why he doesn't recommend this procedure. I have a relative who is a doctors himself and suffer from haemorrhoids and despite the haemorrhoids being quire severe he recovered only though phenol injections. I have a feeling there is some commercial angles to various treatments in the market and the reality is that it can probably be resolved with less invasive procedures. Again its my opinion and worth researching on.

• Posted

hi there yes  it would pop out   an stay out for a few days or so. but there will be times it won,t come out for days or weeks.   it,s on my righ side   very soft. imean  very soft so i,m very careful on pushing it back in. there are sometimes  it would come back out right away  but after a few days i  would push it back in and no problems than.    there is no pain  there is no itching  with it at all. when i go too the bathroom  it comes out soft.  i go everyday  no problems at all. i don,t have too strain with it. i,m on the tolet  for like less than 5 minutes  it slides out smoooooooooooooooth.   and when i sit on it  there is no pain.   so what do you think he might do than???   help me.             but if i caugh   i can feel it when i caugh .   but i sleep good at night    no problem         and i can go running   with no pain.      so what do you think he might do in the problem??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.