Haemorrhoids and faecal leakage? Strangulation/stool bulker?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had piles for a number of years now and just put up with them as I have much greater health issues and they are were juat a nuscience.

A couple of years ago they became EXTREMELY painful (I very nearly went to A n E but I couldn't move! ) and bled a lot. I assume now they may have at least partially strangulated?

After this I actually went for an exam with the doc and she said they were not too bad really and gave me steroid cream which did really help calm them down and shrink. I can't believe that they are not the worst grade though?

Mine are permently hanging outside but I'm confused as to what grade they would be in terms of procedures, at the exam the go seemed to think they were a 2??

Anyway, I can put up with mild to moderate pain and discomfort, but my main probelm has become stool leakage.

Whenever I go to the loo, no matter how well I clean myself after 10 mins or so I have a bit of stool leak around the anus which is intensely uncomfortable and unnerving of course, I shower off and clean again and a bit later the same will happen. If I have a large hard stool it doesn't seem to really happen...but ofcourse it does set off the bleeding....sigh.

I feel as though the piles are partially blocking some of the stool as it passes , which then leaks as I move about?

Does anyone else have experience of this?

My stools are pretty soft as I'm a vegetarian, would taking a bulking supplement like physalis husk help?

I shower myself after the loo and use creams as needed. I am not working currently due to other health issues, which is lucky as I couldn't shower my bottom every hour in the workplace!

I'm pretty terrified to tell the doc as I couldn't face a painful op at the moment, and as I'm a bit overweight I'm worried about unsuccessful interventions.

Thanks for reading; sorry it is a bit long!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. If something isn't right, you must tell your GP. I'm so glad I did. Ok, the embarrassment was there, but the doctor understood.  I suffered from hemorrhoids for about 20 years on and off. I only experienced bleeding, which was bad enough. I had a Flexi Sigmoidoscopy first, which found a polyp. So that was followed by a full Colonoscopy to remove it and see if they were any more. Thankfully not. I had the hemorrhoidectomy op only 3 days ago...... Extremely sore, but so glad it's over.

• Posted

Thankyou for replying. It's just another thing on the list for me. But I will need to go back and explain I suppose and go from there. Thanks again and hope your recovery is going well!

• Posted

As you know, I’m sure, lots of water and fiber—lots! And I’ve read that kegels can help maybe.  Takes a few months but might be worth a try.

Have you tried coconut oil or are you still using the steroids?  Steroid creams are time limited, as I recall.  

Also certain foods can make hemorrhoids worse—have you kept for e.g.,  a food diary?  

Hang in there—keep trying. You will figure it out!

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I only use the steroid cream very occasionally. Not tried coconut oil. Exercises can only help I'm sure.

I do need to go back and say what's happening I know, it's on the list. I have severe depression and anxiety as well as some other health problems, which makes it a bit hard to cope with it all at times.

Thanks again for responding.

• Posted

I think you should go back to your doctor. I was scared but doctor's have seen this all before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.