Haemorrhoids/Piles. Advice.

Posted , 3 users are following.

so I've had an ongoing stomach problem caused by a bug for a few months earlier in the year which now with the right treatment seems to be going/gone.

however the tablets I take have caused me to be severely constipated.

im 26, have never suffered with constipation, or piles for that matter but for the last 6 months - 1 year I have had an itchy bottom.

basically when I went to the toilet 3 days ago I was pushing too hard to pass a stool. Afterwards when I wiped I noticed some bright red blood in the tissue.

i went to see my doctor yesterday who said it's probably piles, hasn't given me anything for it except some high fibre drinks to help with the constipation.

im worried now that with the previous stomach problems it's something to do with that. My dr never examined me. But Surely I would have pain if a pile had popped and I don't have my, there's also nothing around my anus so I'm presuming they must be inside

ive been t the toilet this morning and theirs still some blood when I wipe, how long does this last?. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura

I hope someone can give advice.

I would try diet in the first instance.

Probiotics and may be a good high fibre diet plan.

Many people suffer from haemorrhoidal problems.

Sounds like yours are from this tummy virus initially.

There are also different remedies the pharmacist can suggest over the counter.

if this all worsens and the above fails to help there is banding proceedure which may be of help.

All the best,

Sandra

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, What foods do you suggest i start with. I'm currently on a low fat, non-spicy (Because of the original stomach problem - Gastrisis) and High Fibre diet (To help soften the stools) My doctors also given me movicol for children which does seem to be helping. My first initial stool this morning had blood on tissue, i went again maybe an hour later which was much softer and no blood was present. I have absolutely no pain, no stinging nothing. Which is why when i saw blood i was a bit alarmed.

My low fat-High Fibre- No Spicy food diet is really difficult. I'm struggling to find anything i can put together as a meal. Any ideas would be grateful. x

• Posted

Hi Laura , I agree with Sandra on the first course of action , to get your diet sorted out , and avoid anything that might give you constipation . We are all different with our diets and some things work for some people but not for others , so just try to keep note of what you eat that doesnt cause you any problems .

With regards to the blood , it sounds like you have just strained and maybe caused a temporary problem , by either aggravating an existing pile that maybe will never come to anything . Or , you have given yourself a 'fissure' by straining . This is a very small tear near the outside , which will always bleed bright red blood when going to the toilet . They can sometimes sting like a paper cut , but they do heal although do take a little longer than a normal cut . They are very common , so dont worry too much about it . Good luck and I hope things clear and heal for you soon .

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, What foods do you suggest i start with. I'm currently on a low fat, non-spicy (Because of the original stomach problem - Gastrisis) and High Fibre diet (To help soften the stools) My doctors also given me movicol for children which does seem to be helping. My first initial stool this morning had blood on tissue, i went again maybe an hour later which was much softer and no blood was present. I have absolutely no pain, no stinging nothing. Which is why when i saw blood i was a bit alarmed.

My low fat-High Fibre- No Spicy food diet is really difficult. I'm struggling to find anything i can put together as a meal. Any ideas would be grateful. x

• Posted

Hi Laura , I know eating the right things can be a real pain and a minefield . I expect the high fibre stuff you might be taking just now should be fine , unfortunately we are all a little different with how we handle foods . Personally if I was preventing constipation , I would be avoiding too much bread and red meat , but thats down to my own bad reactions to those foods .

When i saw a dietary consultant last year she gave me a sheet with foods which were low in fodmap , and also showed foods which contained fodmap . Put that word in your search engine and it will show you a whole list of foodstuffs to use and to avoid . Also while you are browsing , have a look at how 'westerners' dont squat to go to the toilet . I laughed at first when i read it , but soon realised how serious an issue this is . It might help . Keep me posted Laura , and good luck . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.