Haemorrhoids Tingling?

Posted , 20 users are following.

I was diagnosed with internal haemorrhoids last year following a sigmoidoscopy which was only done to put my mind at rest as I was convinced there was something wrong despite having no bleeding or change of bowel habit.

Two days ago I had the sensation of keep needing to empty my bowels but hardly managed to do anything, I thought it was constipation and increased my water and fruit intake.  Yesterday I felt slightly better but had a strange intermittent tingling/crawling sensation in my rectum. I have opened my bowels three times this morning without any difficulty but the strange intermittent tingling/crawling sensation is still there and I do keep feeling I haven't emptied my bowel completely.

There is no mucus, bleeding or itching.

I wonder if my internal piles are causing the intermittent tingling/crawling sensation in my rectum and if I should try a haemorrhoid cream?

I do suffer from health anxiety so any advice would really be appreciated.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How has it gone? I experience the same thing as you? The crawling feeling does not go away, doesnt matter what I do and I feel it all day long.

• Posted

hi, does it get better? this is driving me insane i need hope

• Posted

has anyone figured out if it was pinworms or just the hems? going through this now and its driving me crazy

• Posted

Check my comment below, Alex. It's the Hems 1000% - not pinworms.

• Edited

I just came across this thread and although it is over 6 years old, I’ve noticed that people are still commenting on it, with the same issue as the OP and are requesting answers.

NO! You guys aren’t crazy and NO, it is NOT pinworms if:

A. You have taken medication for pinworm and the crawling/tickling feeling still remains. Pinworms are SO easy to kill and you’d probably know if you had them. They aren’t very inconspicuous… If your anus is itching from worms, then that’s a result of the female laying eggs on the exterior surface of your anus. So if you just pulled your pants down in front of a mirror and spread your cheeks, the moment you feel the itch, then you’d see them on you!!!

B. You know you have internal Hemorrhoids, or even external Hemorrhoids for that matter. They can cause the exact same crawling feeling and sometimes it’s hard to know where the itch is coming from exactly.

My battle with this crawling sensation went on for over a year. I thought I had constant pinworms, but it turns out that I didn’t even have them at all. It wasn’t until I had a colonoscopy that I found out what the hell was causing that feeling. You wouldnt believe the amount of worming tablets I consumed out of paranoia.

Internal Hemorrhoids causes this feeling! I know this from not only my own personal experience and the colonoscopy, but also the fact that I ONLY get this feeling after I’m constipated or have been sitting for prolonged periods of time and I also know this from A LOT of professional’s opinions.

The crawling feeling is normal, guys. I know it feels SO much like something is literally moving around inside of you, but it’s not. Relax. It’s literally caused by the mucus that the Hemorrhoids excrete and if the mucus is mixed with faeces, it makes it even worse. Hence why you’d perhaps feel it worse after a bowel movement. It can even happen when the Hemorrhoids get agitated.

How to fix it? I’ve used every cream I could get my hands on and I’ve even tried the suppositories. What’s the best product I’ve found that works for the crawling feeling? An ointment called Rectogesic. You do need a prescription from a Dr (the best products always do) and it does come with a rather unpleasant side effect - a raging headache. However, iit destroys the crawling feeling almost immediately and most of the time, for myself, it does not come back until I have another bad constipation period and for me, the headache is WORTH that!

One tube of Rectogesic has lasted me two years. It’s honestly a miracle cream.

It isn’t something widely used for Hemorrhoids - it’s main use is for fissures, but can be used for Hemorrhoids, too. Google will only tell you that it works for pain, but it works for the itching/crawling feelings, too.

The ointment works by relaxing the anal sphincter and improving blood supply. Excess absorption (using too much) causes dilatation of blood vessels to the head - leading to the headache I mentioned. I always use “too much”, because I’ve found that the more, the better.

I find it works best when I insert it and gently massage it into the Hemorrhoids and I've also found that the pounding headache won't last all that long. It will usually pass once my blood pressure goes back to normal (Around 30 minutes to an hour post application)

So if you’ve searched the Internet for an answer - here it is! Fear no more, stop freaking yourself out and do yourself a favour and get your hands on Rectogesic cream. Not only does it get rid of the sensation, it does aid in healing the Hemorrhoids, too AND it kind of makes your anus feel really nice and relaxed.

Don't be embarrassed to bring it up to your Doctor, either and don't be afraid to demand treatment. Doctors deal with these sort of issues more than you think and Hemorrhoids are so common! It's not something to be ashamed of.

I really hope this comment helps people out there, who are suffering with this common problem. I know how unpleasant and stressful it is, especially having no knowledge on what's causing it. Especially when the only other cause of rectal itching/crawling is WORMS! Ew! But it's unlikely that it's worms and very likely that it's just your Hemorrhoids acting up. Take it from someone who experiences the exact same problem and has had the exact same concerns and questions.

I would also like to link this article, because it explains the crawling sensation associated with Hemorrhoids, quite well:

https://wholesomealive.com/do-hemorrhoids-feel-like-crawling/

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.