Haemorroids????

Posted , 4 users are following.

Right on the 9th dec 2017. I had been constipated due to lots of codeine. I finally went and I had lots of red blood on tissue and lots of red blood in the water of toilet. I have seen 2 x gp who says it's hemoroids. Has anyone else experienced this as I'm still getting streaks of blood on my stools????

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Did the doctors examine your rectum, before saying that it is hemorroid ? Hank
    • Posted

Yes I had a inserted finger he didn't say if he didnt tell me if he could feel any haemorroids or anything, I didn't ask But with my symptoms he says he's 100 percent it's hemoroids but I'm just going over in my head. Like how do you no etc.

• Posted

Yes I've experienced exactly the same. For this reason I avoid codeine altogether as it slows the bowel as a side effect of its analgesic effect. Did you get any advice on how to treat the haemorrhoids from your GP?

I take fibre supplements all year round to help keep the bowel healthy and to keep bowel movements softer.

• Posted

Thankyou jokuar I appreciate your advice. Did you ever have a colonoscopy etc or just the Drs gloved lubricated finger? I been going out my mind wondering what's going on.

• Posted

I just had the physical examination. Haemorrhoids are unpleasant and can be painful but most of the older population has them so unless they are a great pain or causing heavy bleeding all the time the advice (in the UK) is usually to treat them through your diet. I wish you well.
    • Posted

Was yours internal or external I don't experience any pain. Just blood like 1 in 3 stools. Cheers for letting me no your experience

• Posted

Mine were internal. Did you have an examination?
    • Posted

Yes my doc did internal examination and said is confident most likely internal haemorroids but I'm a worrier so panick with things like this .

• Posted

Yes I had a inserted finger he didn't say if he could feel any haemorroids or anything . But with my symptoms he says he's 100 percent it's hemoroids but I'm just going over in my head. Like how do you no etc.

• Posted

Yes I had a inserted finger he didn't say if he could feel any haemorroids or anything . But with my symptoms he says he's 100 percent it's hemoroids but I'm just going over in my head. Like how do you no etc.

• Posted

Hi i had a issue similar to this.i kept having blood in stool after bowel movements.was also a red colour.they done a finger examination and said he could feel a small hemmy.so gave me laxatives.so week later I go back as most I went was 1 day without blood in the stool.then he puts me on supossatories for 2 weeks.stopped for 3 days then came back.long story short 2 weeks after that and they sent me for a sigmoidscopy.saying it's definatly hemmys.he wanted to inject them.turns out I had no hemmys but had a 2.5cm polyp in my sigmoid colon.and was bleeding with my bowell movements.You probably don't have the same as me.and don't want to scare you either.but I got fobbed off with its hemmies and waited for appointment 9 weeks in total.I also had tiny bits of blood in stool aswell.worth checking for.

• Posted

Appreciate your reply. I got a consultant appointment next wed. Think that's just for a chat not sure?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.