Haemrohoids and fissure hell!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive had banding of haemrohoids and botox to an anal fissure 6 times now. My last opperation for this was last November. Since having it done I went from no pain to being in agony every day. I'm loosing a lot of blood when going to the toilet and some blood looks like blood clots, I sometimes even bleed when i go for a wee and when I go to the toilet for a bowel movement blood is just running out. Where do people think the blood is coming from? I had a sigmoidscopy last week. He said I have 3 very swolen piles and its them bleeding but reading up I don't think piles would bleed so much. He said I don't have a fissure and he's going to do a proctogram x-ray on me. Done some research and it doesn't seem to link to see if I have a fissure. Can anyone enlighten me wether it will show one up? I can't live in pain like this. The pain im in doesn't feel like piles pain. It feels like when I've had fissure. I've had them for 11 years on and off so know what pain means what.

Any help and information greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Best advice I can give anyone who had anal fissures, is Don't let it happen again, if you were lucky enough that it healed.

If you have hems and fissures and the pain is to much to bare reach out to a colon rectal surgeon and have a Hemmerectomy/ fissurerectomy and be done once and for all, but I worn you gonna be painful, I'm 8 months recovery from Hemmerectomy/ fissurectomy have to honestly say it was the best decision I ever made. If you had anal fissures in the past you will be able to handle the pain from the surgery n.p. all the horror stories on this site are from people who have and had hemmeroids removed, so there not used to the severity of the pain a fissure causes which I can say all hemorrhoid pains are a walk in the park compared to a anal fissure.. Good luck..

• Posted

hello ,

I feel your pain and the best decision you can take is to tell your doctor you want hemorrhoidectomy .

It is a very painful surgery and recovery could take up to 6weeks depending on how terrible the hemorrhoids are but i guarantee you will live a normal life again.

This procedure is the most successful i have seen with no chances of experiencing hemorrhoids again.

Hope you get the courage to speak to your doctor about it.

GOODLUCK

• Posted

Well I am seeing my surgeon for the proctogram appointment next Wednesday but he isn't a very nice consultant and has treat me very poorly and has told me that nothing is wrong, then he saw 3 swolen piles and told me he doesn't think I have a fissure.

My question is would piles bleed so much? It's an awful lot of blood I'm loosing to the point that it's scaring me. I know my fissure bled a lot but as I've always had piles with a fissure I'm unsure how much they are supposed to bleed.

Also when I'm stood im in agony, when I'm sat actually putting pressure on my piles there's hardly no pain which is just odd.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.