Hair

Posted , 4 users are following.

it's been one year since TKR and I have notice my hair has fallen out and gotten thinner has anyone else had this problem

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

it seemed the back if my hair was thinning out 1.5 years after my TKR . i just turned 69 tho and that may be the reason too i dont know i am using a hair restoring shampoo and i hope it works

• Posted

Wow - exactly the same as me and exactly one year since my TKR ! I have always had a good head of hair but it has got so thin and straggly I fear i will need to have it chopped....having said that is it autumn here and the leaves are only just falling due to our extraordinary weather lately and I have always been told not to worry about hair fall, in the fall...it is a seasonal thing...here's hoping they are right...but also hair can be affected by GA's too but not sure if that is so one year post-op! Sorry if it's not much help to you but you are not alone...someone else may have another idea though....I am also on steroids so that could be my cause too....x

• Posted

GA's is for General Anaesthetics ....x

• Posted

Hello Michele.I had a knee replacement 14 months ago and I am 79 years of age. we all know that hair gets thinner as one ages, only its not noticeable on people who have very thick locks, they don't seem to miss it. I have always had fine hair and it has got considerably thinner this year, I figure it could just be the progress of ageing, medicines we are taking, or in my case 8 years of lliving with severe stress caring for my needy bedbound husband which I have found ]very distressing. Also there is our diet. I am taking special tablets now for hair growth and nails, which I hope will have some effect. I find that the hair thickeners I have tried have not been very good.Sorry I can't give you any cheerful news, but I am in the same boat as you. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.