Hair

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi, ladies

I would like to know have any of you ladies hair thinning going through menopause.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim.

I definitely have noticed a big change in my hair -texture, thickness... and I'm going through peri...

The hair loss is all over but more noticeable around the crown area. I hate it...

Have even considered having hair fillers to bulk it up, but could end up making it worse... 😔🤷

Have you suffered hair loss??

• Posted

i had that problem but found out it was do to a vitamin D defficiency . I take vitamin D daily and my hair has grown back.

• Posted

Hi Kim, my hair also has been thinning at the front for some years now and told it is due to the menopause, i have tried all types of shampoos but nothing helps, changed my hair colour going blonde which has helped a bit , but dont know what else to do, had tests done but doctors are saying its the menopause. i put my reading glasses on my head, so i dont lose them and try to hide my scalp, not tried vitamin D yet.

• Posted

Kim,

Yep, mine has always been baby fine, but it's getting thinner and brittle. I take 2000IU of Vit. D daily and for me it hasn't helped with my hair at all, my nails however are thriving lol. I use a salon shampoo and conditioner that has caffeine in it. It plumps up the strands and makes it look fuller. I'd post the name but the admins might not like that lol. I'm in the US and get it from a beauty supply store but amazon has it also.. if you'd like to know the name just send me a message.

• Posted

Kim

I sent you a message with the name of it and where I buy it

• Posted

UGH.. I know.. I absolute hate it.. My hair is thin and limp. My Vit D is in the normal range but still take it everyday. Iron has been low but I take that everyday so in time I should be in the normal range. I've also been stressed the last couple months which hasn't helped. Need to eat more protein too. I do alternate 2 shampoos-- one for thinning hair and the other says it's less breakage and to make stronger. I need to start doing my own hair masks on shampoo day (I shampoo about 3X's a week)--- I use a raw egg with either coocnut oil or castrol oil. I believe this helps just got lazy cuz it's messy! I sooo miss my younger days when my hair was not a problem!!

• Posted

Hi Kim. YES. I went to the OBGYN and she said sometimes it stops on its own (I'm in peri). However I have been using revita shampoo and taking viviscal and either they stopped the crazy shedding or my hormones calmed down. Luckily my hair kept growing the whole time it just was shedding in clumps and the texture was dry and knotted easily but now seems better. Give it it a go. Good luck!

• Posted

Yes, I've been in menopause for 2 years, and I've noticed a lot of hair shedding (lots of it), every morning when I brush it. Not sure if there's anything that can be done about it except for HRT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.