hair fall and balding

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am 27 years old and since last 5 years i am facing hair fall. now the situation is worst my scalp is visible. i dont know what to do. for me it is too embarassing, i have lost my confidence. i am not yet married.  should i go for hair transplant or hormone therapy?

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

This must be very distressing for you. It might be a good idea to have this checked by a dermatologist. I noticed my hair was thinning at the same time as I was diagnosed with premature menopause. However, I had a separate condition, an autoimmune disease called lichen planopilaris. It might be worth checking before you start putting anything on your scalp.

Regarding covering up, if it's thinning and you still have hair across your scalp, you could try the electrostatic fibres, Caboki is good or there's Nanogen and Toppik. Could be a temporary solution before transplantation or whatever you choose to do next?

Hope this is of some help.

• Posted

can you suggest me best dermatologist for this problem
    • Posted

I really think the Ginger root is great it's been working so far you have to buy the actual root cut it the spike it so the juice will come from it rub on balding spots ive noticed a difference doesn't hurt to try natural first

• Posted

I have tried everything ginger, onion etc.. i dont know what is the problem...
  • Posted

Hi,

?Just a thought but what about PCOS? 

Also are you taking in BCPs, anything else?  Blood tests are normal, but yet hair loss, blood tests are not always reliable...

?Testing thyroid function is a good example of this.

?Hair loss is such a diffiult area, I know only too well!

?I think it's important to rule out anything obvious, that's not always easy to do I know.   What about trying gentle treatments:

?1. Diet:  .cutting out wheat/  probiotics / fltering water....just a really good look at diet, start from the ground upwards.

?Try not to overload your system with supplements at present, until you have made some dietary changes.

At 27 I am sure you can reverse this hair loss, you are lovely and young, at 27, great age to be, don't let this hair loss thing get to you, you  can improve things honestly...

?(When I was in my 20's I remember my hair was quite thin, got to my 30's and hair improved tremendously)

?Please look at diet, anything you consume basically have a think, what started possibly 5 years ago??? 

?I am sure things will be ok, really!

?All the very best and please don't feel down..things will improve with a little work..

Big HUG!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.