Hair growth on operated leg

Posted , 8 users are following.

just as a light hearted aside,I have to say I am experiencing hair growth on my tkr legs like I've never experienced before.  Thick and long.

anybody else notice significantly increased foliage.

this could unlock the key to baldness . . . . . 

Happy new new year to all.

Mike

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was relieved to see you were a Mike rather than a Michelle when I read your post. I don't think many women would be quite so enthusiastic about increased hair growth! Or certainly not on their legs anyway.

• Posted

After getting mine shaved three times for scoping, the hair didn't grow back on my calf. Lol.

• Posted

Yes I have experienced it also but I'm not as excited as you for obvious reasons. I was enjoying not having to shave my legs. Hope it goes away!

Mary

• Posted

It almost always happens when you have a plaster cast on - there is irritation:

"If there is an irritation then there is a better blood supply. Blood nourishes hairfollicles. When an arm or leg is in a cast for two or three months, this is constant irritation of the skin. Hair grows to protect the skin from the constant irritation of the plaster cast"

Wonder if the irritation also works from inside...

• Posted

So does that mean if I put a plaster caste on my partners head his hair will grow back, sorry just find it a funny site LOL
  • Posted

Not, so much ony leg... Just had TKR last Thursday but the hair on my ass is growing through my pants. It's like I have my very own personal pillow now. Sometime I braid it for special appearances. Lol

No I haven't noticed it at all... But now that you brought it up I'll be more aware of any suppisious hair growth.. Thanks Take Care..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.