Hair Loss

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if anyone has the same as me?

My hair has been comming out in clumps & getting very thin, I noticed this around 15mths ago & it's been happening ever since. I always thought it was certain medicines and blamed them, but now i'm starting to think it can't be every one that causes this can it. So now i'm starting to think it may not be the tablets.

So i guess my question is does depression and anxiety cause hair loss or is it the medication?

Butterfly 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. First make sure all your blood work is normal with Dr. If it is then go over meds your taking if any. And rule hair loss out. Some med side affects cause hair thinning. As a licensed Prof. You do have options to treat your scalp which help greatly plus hair vitamins. Did you change shampoos and conditioner then? Do you color your hair? Change products? Its very important to go over all this in detail. And see how and when it started. 😊
  • Posted

Hello Butterfly. My sis is the same. In times of stress her hair falls out in clumps.

She uses a head massager to stimulate the follicles and it helps a lot xx

• Posted

Phytophanere products are excellent, as I use the vials a few times a week on scalp on shampooed hair to treat follicles. Plus they have excellent hair vitamin. Fyi
  • Posted

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all taking the time to reply.

Well i mentioned it to the gp as i was there for another reason(depression related) & just thought i would mentioned it and it was as if she didn't hear me say it & ignored it totally.

Starting to feel i don't even want to go the the gp these days if that's how they make you feel.

• Posted

Augh don't feel discouraged. But if any Dr is unkind and lacks compassion with issues you can switch drs. I have zero tolerance for that as I need understanding. And I admit in my past I switched totally, as we deserve respect and kindness. I'm very sorry for your experience. But I think we all on here gave you some options, good ones. In my area my gp prefers I deal with physiatrist and sometimes I've had to stand strong re some serious side affects over years and switch as I recently. Just did as its my body. Hang in there.😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.