hair loss

Posted , 6 users are following.

I discovered I have Lichen  Plannus, which is an auto immune desease. If you have itching on your scalp with hair loss, this is one possible reason. I am being treated with steroids and antibiotics.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sally... any luck with the steroids and antibiotics?  I am working with my doctor now to try and determine why I have the same symptoms you posted about.. I noticed a huge amount of hair loss the last 2 yrs ever since I started taking thyroid medicine.  The itchy scalp begun around the same time.  We are in the middle of running tests to see if there are any other issues, but he says it's not thyroid meds.  I also have an appt with a dermatologist to see if I can get more insight.  The hair loss is alarming!!!!!

• Posted

I think it may be helping a little bit. I also get shots of steroids in my scalp (not as bad as it sounds) my doctor says the hairs that are gone  will probably not be replaced, the goal is to try to stop it from getting worse. She also said it is a long process. I think the itching is not as bad as it was. If your doctor looks closely, she may notice some redness or flat bumps.
  • Posted

There are various tips and techniques to control Hair Loss:

Avoid junk foods and fill your plate with veggies, fruits and fresh fruit juices. There are certain foods which are considered very good for hair like-Amla(gooseberry), green vegetables, Coconut Milk, Almonds, Fish, etc.

Secondly, exercise. There are various exercises which can help you control hair loss.

Thirdly, you can try some home remedies for hair loss as they are highly effective in controlling hair fall.

• Posted

Well, Steroids and Antibiotics affects our body dangerously. However, they are just used to remove infection or pain but they results in many hair related diseases like Alopecia, 
    • Posted

Yes, I am off the steroids because my skin became too thin. funny I dud not mind being bald during chemotherapy, but tjis id dragging me down.
  • Posted

There is no cure for hair loss if you have been discoverd lichen planopilaris and its treatment includes similar methods which are used for the treatment of alopecia areata. The most popular treatment methods for lichen planopilaris involves the use of corticosteroids. However, its deffectiveness varies considerably from person to person. The clinically proven hair growth stimulant minoxidil could possibly help prevent permanent damage to the scalp. But, still if your doctors recommended you to steroids and antibiotics then you should follow it. 
    • Posted

Thank you for the info. I am going to ask the doctor about minoxidil.She stopped the steroids because my skin was getting too thin. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.