Skip to content
in this discussion +3 following Follow this discussion

hair loss

I discovered I have Lichen  Plannus, which is an auto immune desease. If you have itching on your scalp with hair loss, this is one possible reason. I am being treated with steroids and antibiotics.

Report this

3 Replies

• Tamara123 sally49275

Hi Sally... any luck with the steroids and antibiotics?  I am working with my doctor now to try and determine why I have the same symptoms you posted about.. I noticed a huge amount of hair loss the last 2 yrs ever since I started taking thyroid medicine.  The itchy scalp begun around the same time.  We are in the middle of running tests to see if there are any other issues, but he says it's not thyroid meds.  I also have an appt with a dermatologist to see if I can get more insight.  The hair loss is alarming!!!!!

0 Report this reply to Tamara123

• sally49275

I think it may be helping a little bit. I also get shots of steroids in my scalp (not as bad as it sounds) my doctor says the hairs that are gone  will probably not be replaced, the goal is to try to stop it from getting worse. She also said it is a long process. I think the itching is not as bad as it was. If your doctor looks closely, she may notice some redness or flat bumps.

0 Report this reply to sally49275

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.