Hair loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about 2 weeks now I have noticed that my scalp and eyebrows have been thinning. It started when I noticed I had clumps of hair come out of my head during a shower. Ever since, my hair is still falling out. My eyebrows have started to fall out too. Mostly at the ends. I also have very itchy eyebrows, scalp and eyelashes. I have also a lot more acne then I did before. As well as little pimples with white centers on my chest and face. I always pop them though. And last i have noticed flakes in my hair that look like dandruff, and some were on my eyebrow the other day. I went to the doctor and she told it was low vitamin D. I pick up my vitamins tomorrow, but Im not sure that she is right about that. Do you think it could be something else? Im only 14 and having my eyebrows and hair thinning is making me insecure. Does anyone have an answer?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi zoey you could just be run down eat plenty of fresh fruit veg i have patch.s which ive had for years now i find if i use coconut oil from the body shop i little pricey but its very good it do help the growth of my hair i dont use it evry day just rub i little into the scalf over night this might help your flakes but thinning could run in the family every one loss a lot of hair every day theres no cure i do hope this helps
    • Posted

Yes, I eat a lot of fruits and veggies, and thanks for the tip about coconut oil. Could the doctor be right about the vitamin D deficiency? causing my hair loss
  • Posted

Hello i too have had issue with my eyebrows thinning it got really bad at one point. I was diagnosed with keratosis pilaris on my eyebrows. Which is just like the chicken skin bumps people get on backs of arms. With monthly steroid injections into my eyebrows they are 85 % back. 
    • Posted

I dont think it´s karatosis pilaris just becuase I dont have any little bumps around my eyebrows, just a bit of itchyness here and there but that has kind of decreased. 

• Posted

Apply aloevera gel on hair 2 to 3 times in a week to prevent hair loss..your hair will grow very fast...also try to apply onion and cabbage juice on your...it also helps to prevent hair loss...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.