hair loss again!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I’m on a cocktail of drugs..,citalopram, diazapam, mitazapine, propananol... and ive started really loosing my hair... 

The last adddition to the drugs was citalopram.., Im slowly reducing mitazapine( down to 22.5mg) and ive managed to not take the propananol for a few days... however the hair is still falling... Im debating to stop citalopram but I’m not sure.... 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Iam sure is not the celexa..you are on alot of Medications..what makes you think that is the celexa ..it could be a combination of all those meds..I had horrible joint pain for a while and I thought it was my celexa ..but guess what it wasn't ..it was my Ambien combine with celexa gave me joint pain..now I take lunesta and no joint pain..we are to quick to blame the celexa because of it's reputation..

• Posted

Hey lois.. Im hoping its not the celexa as that is my hope to rid of the anxiety...but I think its either the reduction in the Mirtz or the Cit... 

Im going to the GP next week for a blood test just in case

I’m coming off the Mirtz though.

• Posted

I doubt that is the Citalopram, that is quite a cocktail you're on!

• Posted

Yep.., its a cocktail of drugs.. i hope Cit can get rid of the anxiety so I can stop all the other pills!! 
    • Posted

Yes Raj..you don't need that martizapine..i ain't no doctor but I have experience that martizapine..

• Posted

keep on taking the citalopram and ask the doctor if you can loose the other medication
  • Posted

yes,out of all anti depressants this one has the least side effects
    • Posted

I don't know about the least side effects..but I know for sure it takes care of anxiety if your patience...is very slowwwww working..

• Posted

Thank you

Ive not noticed and lessoning of the anxiety yet but its early days...

My main concern of the anxiety is feeling of pressure in the ears... im hoping Cit gets rid of that

• Posted

Did you have pressure of the ears prior to celexa?
    • Posted

yeah it was prior to celexa... ive had it for 6 months now.. it was the first symptom that came 
    • Posted

I get sometimes..but in the beginning stages of celexa ..it was one of the side effects..but it disappearedfor me around the two months mark..
    • Posted

did you get the feeling that something was in your ears but nothing was there? 

Thats what I get... 

• Posted

did you have pressure in the ears before you started celexa?
    • Posted

No I didn't my initial symptoms of anxiety prior to. Any ssris..was paresthesia in my head and severe adrenaline that would start in my chest and end in my brain..but yes I developed ear pressure from the celexa..and it was like my ears where fill with water..like when I use to go swimming when little..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.