Hair loss and birth control?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I stopped my pill and within 3 weeks I noticed a lot of hair loss, mainly when I wash my hair I notice a lot in the plug hole and in my hair brush.

But also a few Days ago ,I put a leave in conditioner in my hair when it was dry and my hands were full of hair?

I'm not sure what is going on I have had my first natural period so thought after that things would settle down but Its still happening ,and I've been off the pill (yasmin) for about 6 weeks now, it's so distressing.

I take multivitamins every day I just don't know what else to do, I feel fine in myself.

Please help! sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Stopping birth control pills  causes hormones to fluctuate  & like after childbirth , hiar will begin to fall out or thin  in large amounts . The hair loss should slow down in a month or so , if not , call your doc. 
  • Posted

The Deficiency of Vitamin B is the main reason  behind the hair loss problems. The Vitamin B is also known as Biotin. The quantity of vitamin B is normally found low in our daily routine diet, that's the reason for the hair loss problem. The main source of Vitamin B in our diet are Nuts and curd, So we take these diet's in large amount to overcome the hair loss problems. 

If Problem is not under control so we take Vitamin B7 in prescribed quantity in our diet to recover the hair loss problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.