Hair loss and foot/feet jumping, RA?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do you really lose hair when your on the RA medicine?

My feet jump, left one not so much, my right one does everyday, it's annoying ! Is this associated?

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I do get twitchy feet now and again but it's not constant. The hair loss is definitely real though. I'm on Leflunomide and my hair is EVERYWHERE. I used to be on Methotrexate and it came out even worse on that. I take 1mg of folic acid but it doesn't seem to help much.
    • Posted

Dang that sucks, I had gastric bypass 10 years ago and lost alot of my hair. It's silky and all the way 2 my waist. It still falls out alot but looks healthy. I take folic acid as well, I didn't know it helped with hair loss.

My foot just jumps one time every 5 to 20 minutes. Weird

• Posted

I think the hair loss may be sure to being low in iron? I advise anyone who has hair loss as a woman to get your iron levels checked. I had bad hair loss last year and this was the reason, so I now take 200mg of ferrous sulphate everyday and it's grown back! 😃 it's worth checking out?

kat x

• Posted

Thanks kathryn111 Actually, one of the side effects of these DMARD medications is hair loss due to the fact that they are low dose chemotherapy. But looking into iron levels isn't a bad idea. smile
  • Posted

Don't know about the jumping feet, but Methotrexate did cause my hair to fall more than usual. Nothing too drastic though, and as I reduced my dose the hair came back to some degree.
  • Posted

Thanks all for your replies, I have already had hairless for so many years and I had low iron before gastric bypass annnndddd lol I already take that kind of iron supplement but not as much so I am upping to 200 mg. Thanks kathryn.

And the foot and feet jumping is my nerves, I haven't gotten results from the test yet so I guess they are damaged, they been damaged in my arms and hands, sometimes I just tell my husband he aught go on and take me out back n shoot me. Sorry everyone hope you can deal with my sense of humor. Helps me deal with reality.

• Posted

You might have restless leg syndrome, not unusual for RA patients. I get it at night sometimes and generally have great difficulty sitting still for any length of time - as in 2 minutes!!

I find a couple of good old panadol tablets settles it down if its stopping me from sleeping.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I have serious RLS since I was 22, it went away for a while with potassium and magnesium but came back when I had to get veins burned out of my legs, and this issue is just one foot mostly, all day long it will just make one hard twitch to the left. Maybe a nerve???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.