Hair loss? Anyone???

Posted , 12 users are following.

When my fun perimenopausal journey began 2 years ago I was hit with a slew of symptoms. One of those being hair loss. Not in patches but all over and most noticeably after I showered and was brushing out my hair. It lasted several cycles and then went away. Now, I'm back ag loosing a ton of hair after showering and brushing. Any of you ladies relate? Or know what hormone imbalance causes the hair to fall out like that? I've had my thyroid tested 3 times and always comes back normal. I think I have experiences most of the 66 symptoms over the past 2 years. This is just another. Thanks ladies!

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Mine was breaking off especially  on one side . Now I’m on the estrogen patch it has gone thicker . 
  • Posted

yes ma'am! I used to have long thick hair, now I shed worse then the dog! it's very frustrating because my hair has always been the only thing I have ever been vain about. I guess it's the least of my symptoms at this point though. I still have long hair but it is most definitely not as thick as it used to be! hugs to you!?

• Posted

I have a ton for f hair loss in the shower! And my endocrinologist tells me I’m not in pari or meapause! I also had my thyroid checked and it’s fine so I don’t know why I’m losing hair? It comes out when I put the conditioner through it and when I comb it after shower.  I swear by the end of the week I can make a wig! Maybe it’s anxiety and stress from all my recent health issues
  • Posted

Dramatic hair loss was one of my first symptoms of perimenopause.  It's scary isn't it?  nothing makes you look older than losing your hair.  

• Posted

HI Lisa, yes that was an early symptom for me.  Had my thyroid tested too.  Another wonderful peri symptom.  MIne is better now.  I use a wide tooth comb too. 😀

• Posted

Get your vitamin D3 checked if it's lie you roll get hair loss 

• Posted

Hi yes, I suffer from hairloss. It's apparently lack of estrogen. I've been on hrt for a while now and the hairloss isn't as bad. I'm post menopause after having surgery. It's really upsetting. x

• Posted

Increase your vitamin d3 and take biotin. Biotin produces hair to grow and nails to become stronger.
  • Posted

Yes, this is a symptom of mine also.  I went to the doctors and he did some bloods, although my iron was classified as normal it was only just in the normal range so he put me on iron tablets.  I felt fantastic for a few weeks and my hair looked lovely, so nice in fact that my hairdresser asked me what I'd done to it.  I'm off the iron now and back to feeling rubbish, hairs starting falling out everyday too, it's definitely gone thinner again.  This is just one of my many symptoms :-(

• Posted

I needed a strong dose as my levels were so low. Had to take 2 a day for three months and then had blood checked again to make sure I wasn’t overdosing. Overdose of iron can cause symptoms similar to not enough iron so always best to check with a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.