Hair loss, birth control!?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had the birth control implant put in a couple of years ago, for the first 6 months I had no periods or problems.  After 6 months I started irregular bleeding on and off, a few months later I had my scheduled cervical cancer screening which showed abnormalities, I had a Colposcopy of which the biopsy showed cancerous cells.  I was checked again after 6 months and showed no abnormalities.  The doctors thought my irregular was down to the cancer but the irregular bleeding still continued after my all clear.  I went to see my doctor in January this year as I was going travelling and didn't want the inconvenience of not knowing when my period was, they prescribed me 3 months Cerelle along side my implant and they said after the 3 months the bleeding should become regular again, if not to seek advise.  I finished the 3 month course about 1.5 months ago, since then I've noticed significant hair loss everyday and its not getting any less, Its defiantly a lot thinner!  Could coming off the Cerelle effected my hormones?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.