hair loss from lupus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone been experiencing hair loss from lupus and if so can you share if using any hair products  that has helped

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I use Neutrogena 2 in 1, gentle and conditions. My hair is fine and brittle, the shampoo does give it a bit of body. I stopped colouring my hair and that helped to improve it. Being on Methotrexate I am on folic acid too and that helped to reduce hair loss.
  • Posted

Been using hair oil for years now and I can confirm it works !
    • Posted

Thankyou, but I have reading lot of online resource like patient info, life with lupus, web md and EverydayHealth they are also mention hair loss is due  to the medication side effects. What so you recommend I am oil my hair  weekly but yet I am worried as they are just falling like autumn leaves .
    • Posted

Everyday Health is a reliable source. I also go to the Living Well With (Cancer) site, helpful info on managing hair loss.
  • Posted

I agree..

What I am taking few times a year is as follows :

Sillica and selenium capsules.

Biotin capsules.

D3 daily.

Please check if they are OK  for you to take!

I have been on remission for 6 years now and I am the “crazy” one that has done almost everything against what allopathy says. And I am aware it wont work for everyone what worked for me and that I may sound very CRAZY !

For me it worked- homeopathy, accupunture, reflexo, conscious diet ( yin/yang foods), taking care of my mental health and so on.

And this meant many times taking a leap of faith. 

If you do have a good dr that does accupunture try and have a go. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.