Hair loss/hair dye advice

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey all,

Just a quick question regarding hair loss during menopause... mine is thinning and I'm so not happy as it's just one more added issue on top of many other menopausal probs!

I colour my hair as I went very grey at a very young age, recently over the past few years my scalp has become really sensitive to my hair dye at the salon, to the point that I need an alternative solution to try! Does anyone have this issue and know of any hair dyes that are good for sensitive scalps but also definitely cover grey? I don't mind doing it myself rather than at a salon.

Also, any tried and tested solutions to prevent more hair loss. I'm already using HRT and at the last check (last year) my thyroid was ok.

Thanks all, hope your day is good.

AJ. x

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi! Herbarint has the best quality, amonia free hair colours! I was using it for years before I switched to henna.

• Posted

Fingers crossed that it helps you as it did for me...the effect after about 3 months was subtle but definitely better, and enough to stop me obsessing and having to look at my hair every time I passed a mirror! It was a huge relief because you can never underestimate how awful losing hair makes you feel. As an aside, taking 2 x 1000mg capsules every day also helped with anxiety which has been a menopause thing for me. If you are in the UK, Tesco have a tub of 90 x 1000mg EPO capsules for £4.50, and it's buy one, get one free, so 3 tubs for £9. Asda occasionally have the same offer but not right now. Taking 2 capsules a day, plus using 2 on my hair 3 times a week, means that 3 tubs would last around 3 months, so very good value - I think I worked it out at about 67p a week! I really hope it helps, and do update to let us know how you get on 😃 xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.