hair loss recovery time

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just stopped taking 25mg of levromycine as my hair has been falling out. My Gp agreed this but I would like to know when the hair loss will

stop as it has been awful.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i have found that when the hair loss kicks in it generally continues for a solid three months. It doesn't necessarily fall out at the same rate, as it tapers off gradually, but that three months seems to be what my body does. My sister also has thyroid disease and just went through a cycle of losing hair it also went on for about 3 months.

• Posted

Hi Laurie i have been taken off the medication now as it was avery low dose so i hope the hair loss slows down. I have ordered some relevant minerals and vitamins too
    • Posted

That's good. Be careful with Biotin dosages. First, it doesn't only affect hair on your head....I found that out the hard way. Second, my endocrinologist says it affects the thyroid level tests. Low dose is fine. Also, I'm about to try juicing because I noticed my brother in law seems to have better hair these days (less gray and a little fuller). He and his wife bought the Nutribullet and started juicing lots of veggies every day. He says it's the only change he made and his hair has stopped falling out like it was. He's been juicing about 6 months now. Can't hurt, right?

• Posted

Oh, forgot to mention, the grey and white hairs have been going away now that I'm off the meds.

• Posted

Try taking vit b complex! My hair grew back within 3 months
  • Posted

Hi Judy, I went off the levo, then took a glandular for a year. The glandular was ok until there was a formulation change, so I was fed up and dumped the meds. In all I tried 8 different meds. None of them worked. 

When I dumped the meds, I used amino acid therapy and detox herbs, high to start with, then lowered after two months and now as needed. I've been using acupuncture throughout everything, though the acupuncture is more effective now that I'm off the meds. 

After three months off all the meds, I noticed my hairline had much more growth. It's been near six months with no meds and my hair is slowly recovering. 

Meanwhile, I'm also dealing with the long term effects of levo: bone loss causing kidney crystals, autoimmune liver disease, stomach problems. The amino acids help all of these, but my system was so weak by the time I dumped the meds that I have to be careful with the aminos and the kidneys. 

Hopefully youre in in better shape than I was by the time I went of the meds and can recover faster.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.