hair loss withLS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I have hair loss on my head!  Not my private area!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

There's a vitamin deficiency related to hair loss - can't recall exactly which one, but google may know.
    • Posted

Underactive thyroid can cause hair problems. Biotin is excellent for hair issues. Also, rub aloe Vera into your hair. Let it dry and rinse out.
    • Posted

Aloe vera! Thanks. I have a huge number of those growing in a small pot and I've been tossing bits of it into smoothies from time to time. Very healthy stuff. I could use some healthy in my hair.
    • Posted

I buy aloe Vera gel in health store but fresh from the plant should be very beneficial!
  • Posted

I had hair loss for many years until I had my thyroid out. And I must have vit D daily.

So my Dr said.  I do not have that problem any more.

• Posted

Interesting... Recently diagnosed with LS but I too am experiencing hair loss and general tiredness out of sorts feeling. I never even thought to link the two.
  • Posted

I always thought my hair loss was due to statins I am taking.
  • Posted

I have thyroid issues and hair loss. You should ask your dr to check yours. Tests are preformed by blood work up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.