Hair thinning and eyebrows

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had a hair loss issue since I was 16, I am 23 now I have spent so much money on hair vitamins, hair oils, masks, herbal remedies but nothing has made a difference. I have low iron but I get my blood test done every few months but my iron etc is normal so I don't understand why my hair is falling out. I don't have bald patches Just thin hair which falls and I use to have thick eyebrows but my eyebrows are thinning to. What should I do?? help?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you been tested for celiac disease?  Other autoimmune disorders can cause hair loss as well.  Long story short, almost all my hair fell out.  I looked like a chemo patient and ended up shaving my head for years.  Then I was diagnosed with CD and stopped eating garbage food, my hair grew back. Tomorrow I get my first haircut in 2 years!!  

Nutritian plays a huge role in our hair, how's your diet? 

If you rule out CD, are you under more stress then normal? Taking meds? 

Hope you can figure it out!

• Posted

Have you got tested your haemoglobin level. Usually girls have low hb level, that cab be one of the reason for your hair loss. Also for low iron, you can include green leafy vegatables like spinach(main source of iron), apple, jaggery, potatoes, almonds, beetroots, you can also try non - veg as well, it contain more proteins. somewhere or the other i think a good diet will help you out to overcome this problem. Moreover you can also try vitamins for strong hair and nails from Beeovita. One of my friend had a personal exp with their product. They are really effective.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.