Hair thinning? Need advice...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok to cut a long story short smile I'm female and I have naturally fine thin hair, but over the past 8-12 months I have noticed my hair has felt/looked more pathetic than usual.

I don't have alot of hair anyway and being blonde it looks more obvious now I feel I have less of it.

It did feel like it improved for a short spell when I was using various herbal meds but now I'm on antidepressants I don't think I can take anything like that?

My nails aren't brilliant either, they are strong but peel alot. So I'm thinking it may be a deficiency in something?

Anyone had similar symptoms?

Bit worried it won't come back! So much so I was tempted to go buy some regain or something! rolleyes

P:s as far as I no I have no bald bits just general thinning or loss In volume.

It hasn't been coming out in clumps or anything, just shed the natural amounts that u would normally shed. I can't tell if I have new growth either...can't get close enough to my head to look lol smile

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Well the first thing you could do is to go see your GP and tell him/her about how you feel and what you have noticed. Your GP might not be a Hair Expert but he/her would be able to tell you if there is definitely something going on there or if you are just over reacting.

Sometimes, mainly because of what we could find online, (because that's the first thing we do when we have a problem), we just get extra paranoid when there is no need to be. You prob have found loads of horrible stories and conditions, and how Alopecia has ruined other people's hair etc.. This could be very worrying and could even make people paranoid.

There are good resources on the web that could helpyou though, you just need to find them, that's it smile Here is a good one

http://www.doctorfox.co.uk/hair-loss-guide/

It gives you explanation on the whole Alopecia thing, with different types of remedies, but also links to other good resources out there. Think this is a good hub to find good information on Alopecia. An NHS Accredited pharmacy published this guide, so what they share has to be medically correct.

Luckily, you didn't notice any bald patches which is pretty encouraging! In any case, I would recommend you to see your GP first. Then you'll be able to know if yes or not you should worry more about this!

I wish you the best of luck,

I hope this helps,

Johann

• Posted

You should avoid stress, tension, and pollution. It will help you in getting free from various problems of hairs.
  • Posted

It's my understanding that you do not have alopecia or any other scalp issue other than the annoying issue of thinning hair. As in your post ie:always had thin hair :

Believe me I know all to well as we age it gets thinner too! 😖  It's embarrassing and a pain in the neck. 

😉 All my life always worn hair pieces purchased in various forms . Fillers so to speak. There are so many options available today. Se all the different options available online. There's something for everyone. Starting in my teens, I have always worn different types "hair embellishments" mixed in with my own hair. No one has ever asked if it was all my hair. It does add to my confidence, plus it takes years off my age. No face fillers, Botox or surgery! Just a little extra hair to make all the difference. 

Its worth a try, many options are available. I have become very good at adding hair pieces with many hairstyles over the years. So next time your out and about & see all those lovely ladies that seem to have a healthy head of hair,  it could be a combination of hair pieces added, hair extensions , you never know! 

I tried a lot of different scalp treatments over the years to grow hair and recently the new option to use injections from harvesting our own blood stem cells . Painful and expensive . Absolutely no luck there ! Thin hair is a hereditary factor in my family. I was the lucky one to get the gene. I really don't mind at all sharing anything that will help, along with encourage words to explore your options!👍

A lifetime of experiences adding hair to my own thin mane 🦁 has always been the best solution in my case. No one knows, only you & your hairdresser knows. 😃

I've Said my piece ... Hair that is🙄 ?? 

Let us know what's you try!

😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.