HAIR trouble

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ?? 

I’ve been diagnosed with pcos I really struggle with hair on my face! 

How do people get rid or help slow it down? Does metformin help this? 

Also I know loosing weight helps And I have lost over a stone now yay

Thanks in advance for your help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I normally use hair removal cream or wax my face. I'm planning on getting electrolysis as that is permanent(my mom had it done). spironolactone is create for stopping hair growth (it will come back thinner). Certain birth control help as well, so talk to your gyn about it. As far as weight loss, I just stick to a healthy diet. I find that when cheat or eat junk I cannot stop. Message me if you have any questions. 

• Posted

I wish I knew.  My facial hair has been progressively getting worse.  Especially while I was pregnant.  I have tried laser hair removal and I didn't notice any results.  At first I was tweezing my hairs, but it has gotten too much.  Plus I was obsessively checking for hair.  I was waxing, but I had to wait for the hair to grow long enough to grab.  Plus it was hard on my skin.  I am now shaving and it is horrible.  Need to do it everyday otherwise stubble.  I also use a cream from my dermatologist called vaniqua.  I haven't noticed much difference with that either.  I have been wondering about the no-no and similar products.  Anyone tried them?

• Posted

I Have a laser hair removal system but not seeing a lot of result I think from what I’ve read a hairs ‘life’ as such is quite long so may take months even years! I’m still trying!!! 
  • Posted

Hi I’m 23 and have struggled with hair on my neck/ chin since I was 16. The best treatment that I’ve tried is laser as it slowed down the growth and the hairs became finer, but it’s not a permanent solution and its expensive. I’ve been prescribed dianette and im currently trying vaniqa- also expensive. I find that the easiest thing I can do is shave every morning as it’s quick and pain free. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.