Hairball in throat feeling and burning tongue on left side.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I woke up on morning in early January this year and felt a lump in my throat on the left side when I swallowed saliva. Did not feel it when eating, drinking, sleeping, or chewing gum. Have had it pretty consistently most days since then and in addition about early march started also feeling a burning sensation on my left side tongue and inside left cheek and a cool minty burn sensation in my throat as well as sometimes just feels like a hairball is stuck in my lower throat at the base of my neck just right above my collar bone area. I am going MAD trying to figure this out. I have had bloodwork, neck x ray, two neck ultrasounds, ct scan of head and neck with contrast dye, and a nasal larygoscopy with camera up the nose and down the throat. NOTHING was found. Was told it was silent reflux. I was put on Prilosec 20mg. Went on alkaline diet, cut all caffeine, acidic foods, chocolate, alcohol, sleep on wedge pillow. NOTHING is helping. My symptoms persist and I am at my wits end. I have scheduled another ENT appt but it is not until June 2nd. I can't get in anywhere sooner. Can anyone out there relate to my symptoms and offer me any insight? Thanks so much for responding please.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.