HALF-BETA PROGRANE 80MG SUSTAINED RELEASE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, does anybody know how long these take to work. I took one today and it hasn't made me any less anxious. Are the propranolol little red tablets better?

Please can you tell me if these make you put weight on I'm convinced they made me put half a stone on last time.

I don't want to take them but can't cope!!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy, give it a day or two, they are really good tabs, the little red ones were not so good for me.  You will be ok, weight gain is minimal if any. Best wishes. Xx
    • Posted

Thank you. I really want to take them because they helped me before. It stops me getting migraines too, but I've just lost half a stone and don't want to put it on. Seems silly I know but I'm only 5ft 2 and it's a lot.
    • Posted

It's not silly, I understand - I feel like that too, I'm 5'4 and always been size 10 but I have to adjust because good mental and physical health is more important. They have reduced my migraines too, bonus. Take care
  • Posted

Hi Amy

I've been taking these since last sept but for tremor. Give them a couple of weeks to get into your system I'd say the sustained release will be better for your body to become accustomed to. I've put on a few pounds mostly on my stomach for some reason but it's a small price to pay,

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you. I'm going on holiday and not sure if I should just start properly when I get home? Can you drink alcohol? The leaflet says not but others on here say it's fine.
    • Posted

Well if the leaflet says no I wouldn't, I can't anyway because I developed a sensitivity to alcohol several years ago (it gives me flu like symptoms).

I can't advise you when to start them, you may or may not get side effects for the first week or so but only you know how you feel and what makes you anxious.

All the best

• Posted

Tezes I have tremor as well. I take them but it says on the bottle "when required" do you have to take them every day for the tablet to take effect? the tabs I have are 10mg so I take 4

• Posted

I've taken for the last 2 days. Going to take one tomorrow because I'm going on holiday, but don't want to take while I'm away. Will this be ok to take for 3 days and then stop?
    • Posted

Hi I was prescribed them by my neurologist for dystonic tremor. I have to take them indefinitely' one 80 mg sustained release a day.

They have reduced my tremor to the extent it is much less noticeable to others although I still feel it. 

I guess it depends on what you were prescribed them for as they are used for many different conditions inc high blood pressure and migraine.

i would say if you take them specifically for tremor then discuss the dosage with your neurologist or GP

kind regards

• Posted

Ask your pharmacist as they can advise on the action and side effects of the drug,

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.